Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on the dole

Options
  • 23-06-2012 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I've been working for the last 4 years here in Ireland. My contract expires next month and I will not be renewed this time unfortunately.

I want to take this opportunity of having a career break to visit my family in Spain for a couple of months and spend some time with them. My parents are getting old and I did not have the opportunity to be with them a lot on the last years.

I'm wondering if when I return back to Ireland after those two months I am still entitled to apply for the dole, in spite of those two months break that I took after my contract expired. I do not have much savings so my decission of taking that 2 months break will be based on this.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Jsb claims made this year (2012) will be based on your stamp record for 2010.so if you make a claim before the end of the year and-
    To qualify for Jobseeker's Benefit, you must pay Class A, H or P PRSI contributions. Class A is the one paid by most private sector employees. Class H is paid by soldiers, reservists and temporary army nurses, who do not qualify for Jobseeker's Benefit until they have left the army. To qualify you need:
    • At least 104 weeks PRSI paid since you first started work
    And
    • Have 39 weeks PRSI paid or credited in the relevant tax year (a minimum of 13 weeks must be paid contributions*)
    you will get JSB

Advertisement