Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to know when a scaffold piercing is properly healed???

Options
  • 23-06-2012 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

My scaffold should be healed up by the end of August, but how would I know when it is safe to take it out and replaced it with another one?
    The swelling has been gone for months but it still produces those crusty bits. :o I have cleaned it, but unfortunately only sometimes, it's very hard to stick to the whole clean it two times a day regime. Also I find when I clean it, it brings out more crusty bits I find. :(
    Anyway, I just need to know, that should I take it out by the end of August or wait until there is absolute no type of pain and bacteria coming out of it, even if that takes a few extra months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The 'crusties' are normal, and it's better that they come out during your cleaning, as then they're not inside the piercing!
    You didn't mention when you had the piercing done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

doylo56 wrote: »
    My scaffold should be healed up by the end of August, but how would I know when it is safe to take it out and replaced it with another one?
    The swelling has been gone for months but it still produces those crusty bits. :o I have cleaned it, but unfortunately only sometimes, it's very hard to stick to the whole clean it two times a day regime. Also I find when I clean it, it brings out more crusty bits I find. :(
    Anyway, I just need to know, that should I take it out by the end of August or wait until there is absolute no type of pain and bacteria coming out of it, even if that takes a few extra months?

I was the same as you with the cleaaning, terrible with routine! :P It took mine a year to heal though, just randomly noticed that the crusties finally went away one day :P That said, young naive me went to Georges arcade to get it done, so at least it healed at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

well jelly. mine had to be taken out before it ripped out of my ear. bad piercing by someone who i thought knew what they were doing, obvs not cos they should NEVER had done me a scaffold, ear doesn't suit it (this in itself makes me sad as I LOVE this piercing)

Advertisement