Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USP Slide lock problem.

Options
  • 22-06-2012 9:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Having a small issue with my KWA USP .45 at the minute. When the mag is empty the slide lock will not engage. At all. It will just continue to dry fire. This happens with both of the mags I have for it. The interesting thing is when I manually pull the slide back the slide lock will engage which would lead me to believe its the cycling action itself thats the issue. Has anyone had this problem? I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Having a small issue with my KWA USP .45 at the minute. When the mag is empty the slide lock will not engage. At all. It will just continue to dry fire. This happens with both of the mags I have for it. The interesting thing is when I manually pull the slide back the slide lock will engage which would lead me to believe its the cycling action itself thats the issue. Has anyone had this problem? I can't for the life of me figure it out.

the slide lock on pistols is usually caused by a little lip on the outside of the mag. on the side... so this may be worn down or broke, check the mags for this parts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Same thing happens to my KSC USP, I doubt its the slide lock pin thing that hits hits the mag lip yolk i know its the obvious culprit but if it locks back manually you can rule it out.

I was thinking its something to do with the spring in the slide release itself but im actually afraid to bend it because it will become near impossible to re shape it if you fiddle with it.

Second thought was the duel recoil springs that the slide is not being pushed back far enough when shot, bit of a long shot but just a thought.

Let me know how you get on if you find a solution.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Just a quick update. This has cured itself apparently. Put a couple of mags through this the other day and it was fine again! Strange one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

It has been very humid as of late, so odds are the slide wasn't moving all of the way back before. Now the gas pressure will be a little stronger, and so should be moving the slide through its full range of movement hence the slide lock engaging. That'd be my best guess anyway!

Advertisement