Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future Possibility: Pokémon B2W2 London Launch Party

Options
  • 22-06-2012 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

Okay a little copy and paste from the Dub Pokémon Club over on Facebook, just so I don't alienate anyone :):

I'm going to throw out this idea to everyone, no commitment needed at this point in time, but feedback is welcome :)

As you may or may not know I now live in London and have been lucky enough to be able to attend two Nintendo Launch Parties (Pokémon Black and White and Zelda Skyward Sword). These events always have some sort of goodies available (free t-shirts, free game etc), BUT are usually anounced a week or two before the game launch.

The idea I had was for anyone interested in going to a future Nintendo Launch Party (3DS XL, Pokemon B2 W2 and Wii U come to mind) to book flights and accommodation as soon as the release date is announced and get in contact with me. I will be attending the Pokémon B2 W2 anyway and maybe the Wii U one (assuming there will be parties).

Anyone interested in coming over to do this? I highly recommend it for both the experience and the chance to get to meet other like minded people and Streetpass them (3DS owners). :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Absolutely!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I know this isn't Pokémon but for anyone interested in the 3DS XL Zavvi.co.uk has a date of 27 July 2012 and a price of €259.99 (it's €218.35 on the site, I've just added back the discount to get a rough idea of the street price). No news on a Launch party yet, but Nintendo are notorious on confirming these things last minute. If anyone is interesting in picking this up in London, give me a shout and I'll help you out :)

Edit: The newspaper "Metro" (yes we have that here too!) states the 3DS XL release date is the 28th July, so I'm not 100% certain on the date, but my guess is it will be the Friday (27th) because that's when all the other launches were on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Depends on the date. Something tells me it'll clash with Eirtakon...

The release date for Pokemon Conquest was announced today, it's the same as the 3DS XL 27th July. There may or may not be a party but again it may happen!

Double Posting Bad and all that jazz. You'll forgive me when I paste this from Nintendo's Twitter account (it was difficult enough to find the official confirmation on this):
    ‪#Pokémon‬ fans, mark your calendars! Black & White 2, as well as Dream Radar, all available from October 12th http://bit.ly/MXOong

Start booking those flights folks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Would you say book for the 12th or would they hold the launch party at a different date?

Would you say book for the 12th or would they hold the launch party at a different date?
    Well the last one started 9am at Oxford Street and was officially announced the week before.

The shortest I would guess at would be fly over on the latest flight on Thursday and fly back afternoon/evening of Friday. You should be fine for work the next day as long as you either stock up on coffee or energy drinks!

Officially the BW Launch party was only going to have Junichi and Sugimori signing until 10am, but the crowd was so large they stayed until around midday. Also the manager of Game tried to pee people off by stating they could only have "only the game you purchase today (BW) signed" a few roars from an overtired and excited crowd quickly dispelled that rule!

I hope this link works for everyone. It's a few of the available prices of flights for Thursday to Friday (it's all available flights so please double check the times).

For anyone unfamiliar with the different London Airports here's a simplified run down. In all cases I will assume you are going directly to Oxford Street Tube Station (the one nearest GAME Oxford Street 5C on the map):
    • Heathrow->Oxford Street: Take the Tube from Heathrow and chance at Green Park onto the Bakerloo (Brown) Line Northbound, next stop is Oxford Street
    • Stansted -> Oxford Street: Train to Tottenham Hale, then Victoria (Light blue) Tube Southbound to Oxford Circus
    • Luton: I don't recommend this airport, it's very far out. The simplest route involves being on a public bus for 56minutes and then get a tube.
    • London City -> Oxford Circus: Take the DLR (our version of the Luas) towards Bank. Get on a west bound Central (red) line tube to get to Oxford Circus.
    • London Southend-> Oxford Circus: Train to Victoria and get a tube from Victoria to Oxford Street
    Should you wish to look up the journey details, use this site, it usually works :P

I'm not to certain on accommodation in London, but should anyone need some information, just shout and I'll hunt around!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

Hope I have cash by then, could be fun to take a jaunt to the ex evil invaderville :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Invaderville? Learn your history, boy! We invited them in, we created a fractured system of monarchy with no coherent rights of succession that left the door wide open even if we hadn't sent the invite and we didn't have the common sense to develop any sneaky martial arts that could masquerade as farm work or the Nunchuck when we were finally subjegated making rebellion almost impossible until the advent of reliable firearms and explosives.

Besides, as residents of Leinster we're "one of them" not "one of us", having been part of the united kingdom since it's inception (indeed, being the reason there was a united kingdom in the first place since with the ascension of John Lackland to the english throne it effectively became the united kindom of England and Leinster, and the bits of france that he didn't do a great job of hanging on to). And remember, he was Lord of Ireland first, before he inherited any of the other stuff so if anything WE were THEIR masters for about 17 years.

So if you do go, make sure you wear a pinky ring and get all british citizens you meet to kiss it as a sign of fealty :)

Yes, this has nothing to do with Pokemon. Unless Pokemon Conquest II is set in medieval europe, then you'll thank me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

While your grasp on Irish history is indeed admirable, I have to say I disagree with a few of your points there,and would gladly discuss such with you. Nevertheless this is so off topic, and I feel pretty responsible for that now, that I feel its time to drag this baby back on track!

Albeit with the crap news that I'll be working on the 12th of October at the Ireland Germany match, which is something I should really be in the country for anyway I suppose.

But now no brits will have to pay fealty to me and that makes me a sad panda

• Advertisement
Advertisement