Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlock washing machine

Options
  • 22-06-2012 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

tricity bedix 800, is a good few years old (at least 10) never had a problem with it before but for some reason the safety lock on the door has jammed and it won't let me open it for love nor money, with wash inside :( any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I'm not being smart,I swear :). But have you tried turning it off or plugging it out? It might reset itself. Did it spin or is it full of water still? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mimsy

Babybuff wrote: »
    tricity bedix 800, is a good few years old (at least 10) never had a problem with it before but for some reason the safety lock on the door has jammed and it won't let me open it for love nor money, with wash inside :( any ideas? Thanks

Run another wash?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mimsy

Run another wash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

Chucken wrote: »
    I'm not being smart,I swear :). But have you tried turning it off or plugging it out? It might reset itself. Did it spin or is it full of water still? :(
    smart is good but yeah, daughter put on a wash earlier and she called and told me she couldn't open the door I said the same thing, told her is just the lock hasn't deactivated and to give it a minute but came home and tried to open and is still locked. It completed the cycle and is done, it just wont open, unplugged it and everything.
    mimsy wrote: »
    Run another wash?
    Tried that, twice :(

Google threw this up. It would be very heavy with the washing inside though.

http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/washing-machines/a/7/1294/how-to-open-a-washing-machine-door-thats-stuc.html

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Power off, top lid off, hand in down to interlock and give it a few slaps, there is a small pin that should pop out after the 2 min delay, yours is likely stuck in.

Thanks, looks like I'll be calling in the help so cause I'm not sure I could actually lift it by myself :)

Power off, top lid off, hand in down to interlock and give it a few slaps, there is a small pin that should pop out after the 2 min delay, yours is likely stuck in.
    I gave it a few slaps and think I broke my little finger, sounds about right though.

I gave it a few slaps and think I broke my little finger, sounds about right though.

I hope you're joking :eek:

• Advertisement

Chucken wrote: »
    I hope you're joking :eek:
    doubt its broken, just a bit sore :) Thanks for the help though, going to leave it for now and get the brother in law to have a look later, hopefully won't have to fork out for a new washing machine just yet!

Best of luck with it :)

I had a similar problem a few years ago..sort of!
    The glass on the door got broken so had to be replaced.
    Got a "new one" in the recycling centre for 10e.
    So if he cant open it,maybe just break it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,366 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Is there a little door at the bottom of the machine for access to the drain filter? You may find that inside that door there is a ring which if pulled will manually release the door.

Advertisement