Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Limerick early

Options
  • 22-06-2012 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm moving from kildare to limerick this year. I want to try get a job there as soon as possible to be safe, so if i do somehow manage to get one before college starts, i'd obviously need to move down.
    So, Does anybody know, if this was the case, could i rent a room in somewhere like elm park, college court etc. and still only pay the price for my room even if i am the only one in the house at the time?? or do landlords only rent out houses when all the rooms are full?
    cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

cchaney wrote: »
    I'm moving from kildare to limerick this year. I want to try get a job there as soon as possible to be safe, so if i do somehow manage to get one before college starts, i'd obviously need to move down.
    So, Does anybody know, if this was the case, could i rent a room in somewhere like elm park, college court etc. and still only pay the price for my room even if i am the only one in the house at the time?? or do landlords only rent out houses when all the rooms are full?
    cheers in advance!
    you should be able to get a room in elm park or milford grand for 20 or 30 a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Best of luck finding a job!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cchaney

eoins23456 wrote: »
    you should be able to get a room in elm park or milford grand for 20 or 30 a week.

Yea but do you know if a landlord would rent out just one room if i was to move down early??
    Cydoniac wrote: »
    Best of luck finding a job!

Ha yes i havn't been living under a rock the past few years!! but i'm 21 and have been working in food places the past 5 years so i'l just havta keep positive :D ya never know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'm sure most landlords will be happy to make some sort of money over the summer, you won't have much of a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Can't remember the landlord's name (think its David something), who owns about a quarter of the houses in Oaklawns, is always pottering about and would be more than happy to rent a room out at summer rates for just a few weeks if you contacted him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 cchaney

nice one, ill just get in contact with some landlords so, if i somehow get a job. Thanks for the help :D

Advertisement