Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA, JSA, Temp work, back to college...

Options
  • 22-06-2012 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

I was on JSA for a year, then started a course (level 5) in September 2011. I was on BTEA for the duration of the course and had my last exam 5 weeks ago.

Then I moved cities and applied for, and eventually received JSA again. I have been accepted to do a level 6 course in the city where I am now, and fully intend to do that course and would expect to be getting BTEA again.

The thing is, I've been offered a full-time summer job which I have accepted and I'm not sure of the protocol...

Do I sign off completely from the social, and then go back before september or do I just "stay on the system" as it were without assistance until the course starts?

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

You sign off - you don't even have to sign on again before your course starts if the job is continuing.
    Guidelines state:
    BTEA participants who are progressing to the next year of their course or who are progressing from second level to third level approved undergraduate qualifications will have their BTEA reinstated from the commencement of the new academic year irrespective of whether they were in receipt of an unemployment payment for the summer period. All participants must supply written confirmation from school/college/institute that they have registered as a full-time day student for the new academic year. Participants are also required to notify the Department of cessation of participation on a course.

Advertisement