Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corofin

Options
  • 22-06-2012 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,
    first time posting on boards here:)! im hoping to head to corofin in a little while with a couple friends for a few days. just wondering if anyone has any advice or suggestions as to what we could do while there. we are all students so nothing too expensive but we would like to do a bit of touring around. We will have a car and hopefully be staying in the campsite there. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated and also suggestions on where to eat!
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

Hi all,
    first time posting on boards here:)! im hoping to head to corofin in a little while with a couple friends for a few days. just wondering if anyone has any advice or suggestions as to what we could do while there. we are all students so nothing too expensive but we would like to do a bit of touring around. We will have a car and hopefully be staying in the campsite there. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated and also suggestions on where to eat!
    Thanks in advance!

http://www.clareroots.com/
    no idea of cost there

Ask if there is a local hurling match on the championship in clare starts this weekend, you can look on clare gaa I'm just lazy

Corofin is Grand as your cental enought to most things and a lot within 30 minutes drive or less like lahinch or the burren center

have a look at this site too
    http://www.corofin.org/attractions-page.html

EDIT Mrs Haybob loves this place but it aint that cheap

http://www.burrenperfumery.com/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Corofin is a nice spot, some nice bars, I'd recommend The Corofin Arms for something to eat or a coffee, they've a shop there now as well so you can pick up the perfume or other "touristey" stuff if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 blueglasses

thanks for the replies so quickly, will have more of a plan for when we are there now! my friends seem to have left it up to me to plan everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭stevveyg

fr. teds house is about ten mins away if ye want to visit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The burren centre in kilfenora is only up the road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The burren centre in kilfenora is only up the road
    Lahinch is 20 minutes away and you can rent surf gear on the prom for really cheap. Well worth the drive

• Registered Users Posts: 4 blueglasses

thank you to everyone for the advice and suggesitons, i've looked up some of them and will go to some of the places suggested!
    thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Kilnababe

Would recommend a trip to Mullaghmore and climb, bring good boots and maybe a walking stick, you can take in Fr Ted's house on this trip.

A walk up Clifden hill overlooking Lake Inchiquinn is just lovely if you get the weather.

Bofey Quinns is also good for food as is Vaughans in Kilfenora.

Trad sessions in Bofey's on Wed & Sat nights.

Crowleys is a lovely pub.

Advertisement