Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends birth parents

Options
  • 22-06-2012 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Is there anyway of me finding out this information on my own as a suprise for her? I have a lot of her information already. She wanted to do this but never got around to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭trixy

Hi I admire your support for your friend but I believe part of the searching process needs to be done by the individual. It's an extremely emotional time and searching helps this as all feelings come to the surface. By all means help and support your friend but you doing it as a 'surprise' I don't think is a great idea.

Some ppl think searches are easy but time and time again there is brick walls, you could get so far and nothing , you would have to explain all of this to your friend.

I have a folder of information, dates, addresses, certs and 8 yrs later I'm still searching

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

Pretty impossible, and also not a good idea. If she really wants to do it, she'll get around to it. You have no idea what she is really thinking exactly and you wouldn't want to do something wrong to upset her. It's something that the person needs to go through themselves. Like the last poster said, be supportive and there for her when she wants you to be, but definitely don't do anything she doesn't ask you to do.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'd seriously echo what the two other posters have said. Finding your birthparents is an extremely emotional journey for most of us. It would not be a good idea to surprise your friend with this- regardless of how she may have discussed this in the past. If she is serious about finding her birthparents- she will get around to it, and the best thing you can do is be there to help or give her emotional support at that stage.

Advertisement