Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers allowance(read post 2 first)

Options
  • 22-06-2012 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭

^^^^

From our situation, He will be getting about €70 per week. You could be better off applying for FIS as soon as you return to work in Nov.

Call the FIS section as you might be able to apply now, this would be better as it takes about 20 weeks before you get the payment.

For FIS you'd get 60% of the difference between €460 and €602. = €86 per week

If you apply for FIS and the SW payment is larger they will move you to this payment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EmerS82

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, we have sent in an application for FIS only yesterday, I think we will only qualify for the minimum of €20, can we cancel this application and postpone applying until we know what the situation is with JSA. As far as I understand FIS cannot be changed for 52 weeks no matter if your weekly income is reduced, am I correct in stating that? I just don't know what to do, if I went into Citizens Advice now would they be able to advise how much he will get so we can start planning in advance?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Gremlin in the works please read post 2 first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

EmerS82 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, we have sent in an application for FIS only yesterday, I think we will only qualify for the minimum of €20, can we cancel this application and postpone applying until we know what the situation is with JSA. As far as I understand FIS cannot be changed for 52 weeks no matter if your weekly income is reduced, am I correct in stating that? I just don't know what to do, if I went into Citizens Advice now would they be able to advise how much he will get so we can start planning in advance?

20 weeks for me is coming up as middle of Nov. Best to ask in the social welfare office when exactly will his jsa end. When your partner is moved to JSA ring FIS and tell them you want to add new information. As long as its hasnt been awarded your fine.

So at the moment you have

€262 and €188+15.40+15.40= €496.2?

602 - 496 x 60% is €64 per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sorry there's a much better answer to your question here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79350524&postcount=7

Advertisement