Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Japanese songs for me to learn Japanese

Options
  • 22-06-2012 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

When learning other languages I have found it very helpful to listen to songs in those languages. Just by listening to the music, the language kind of inveigles its way into your brain.

I want to do that in Japanese but I don't know anything about Japanese music or music artists.

Here is basically what I need in order of priority:
    1) Vocals must be clearly audible above the music. (Rock music with a lot of drum and electric guitar is probably not ideal; singer-songwriter playing piano or guitar might be better);
    2) Vocals must be sung reasonably clearly (female artist may be better for this);
    3) Needs to be "slow" for me to have a chance of hearing the words;
    4) Reasonably substantial lyrical content (i.e. not just repetitive yeah yeah yeah stuff)
    5) Music that I might enjoy listening to. Now, I know you don't know what I might enjoy, but it doesn't matter that much. Let's say, reasonably contemporary music, from light pop to more "ballady" or serious type of songs. I don't really have a taste for enka-type ballads.

So, anyone have any ideas? Suggestions and recommendations gratefully received.

Comments

Advertisement