Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record of burials

Options
  • 22-06-2012 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Does anyone know where i could find records of burials in a graveyard in Ballylaneen co waterford. It`s an old graveyard and a lot of the headstones are so worn the writing is unreadable and i know that some of the graves date back to the 1600`s.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Have you tried the local parish records. Burials are usually recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 devils13

Where would i get access to the parish records?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Parish Priest or Clergy should know. If its a disused area then the local Parish.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭carolinej

Contact the parish priest in Stradbally. His contact details are on the diosese of Waterford and Lismore website. Tadhg Gaelach O'Súilleabháin, the famous poet, is buried here. There has not been a burial in the graveyard in years and years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭CeannRua

I'm not familiar with the area so don't know if this is relevant. There are listings here for a graveyard at Faha chapel of ease, Stradbally
    http://www.waterfordcountylibrary.ie/en/familyhistory/gravememorials/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭carolinej

Ceannrua, it's a different graveyard, however it's part of the same parish and only several miles from Bally.

Advertisement