Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Method of payment

Options
  • 22-06-2012 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭

I just got the letter in the door saying I am eligible for JSA and that my first payment will be "issued by cheque". Now I have been on JSA twice before, a few years ago and for a few months last year. I never remember anything about a cheque, it always said it can be collected from the post office.

Is there any reason they would do it by cheque? No cheque came today,do I wait to see if one comes Monday or do I go down to the post office today to see if anything is in? The only reason I can think it might be different is because I am only signing on for the summer as I am a teacher not getting paid for the summer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

well did you go to the post office, I would have whats the worse that could happen they say there is nothing there or there may actually be money there

if you didnt go and no post comes on monday, pay the post office a visit as you dont want it sent back to the SWO if it was issued to the post office and then you have to wait another week

and if its not there monday and you dont get a cq then maybe pop into the SWO and see what the story is or give them a buzz you never know they may actually answer the phone and save you the trip

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

If you have a large amount of arrears they might issue the first payment by cheque, then change back to post office. You would not be paid by cheque long term. Normally cheque payments are only for propel on a causal claim who are working part time.

Advertisement