Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fedor v Rizzo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

It's just the quality of opponents/hype of the fights hasn't been great. He's gone through the last 3 guys with the ease you would expect.

He's officially announced his retirement anyway. Heavyweight GOAT*.

*Not saying he is better than JDS etc now, but his run through the naughties is more impressive than anything any other HW has put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Fedor versus Randy at Cage Contender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭insanity50

Long Live The Last Emperor!

A sad day for the sport of mma, but in reality his career ended the night he lost to Henderson and was cut from strikeforce.

Glad to see him go out on a win.

A true champion, an all time great, the second GOAT behind silva in my book.

Sad to see him reduced to fighting cannon-fodder.
    Also sad to see how lowly a sport MMA really is, in any other sport an athlete of his calibre and background would have retired to much more fanfare and recognition than this backyard waste of time crap.

He looks happy, I'm glad for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Thanks for posting the vid. I'd say for someone like Fedor, having Putin pay tribute to you in front of a crowd like that in Russia is the perfect way to go. Probably the happiest he's looked after a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

IMO the most exciting fighter ever to watch

His balls to the wall style meant you never knew what was coming next

Great hip movement on the ground and TNT in his mitts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

It is a pity he never fought in the UFC but he will still go down as one of the greatest of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great scene at the end with his family.

Great tribute vid to him here.

Advertisement