Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are 1000's of EIRCOM customers getting line drops?

Options
  • 22-06-2012 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

From trawling the internet and Boards.ie for a fortnight I still can't get a straight answer.
    Thousands of Eircom customers (me included) have for about the last six months have being getting line drops daily. Sometimes 20 a day, sometimes 3 a day. This is a nightmare for all online-gamers and general surfing too.
    Started happening myself about two months ago and is starting to drive me insane.

Talked to several reps on the phone and on Twitter but cant get a straight answer from anyone. I'm fairly tech savvy and know how to set up all my systems pretty well.... I'm presuming there is an internal problem that they can't divulge but you should hear some of the excuses. Priceless....

One quick google search will show you the amount of people that have the exact same problem and Eircom seem to think it's ok to lay the blame at the customers door. Charging people to get their lines and routers replaced and blaming water in the lines in your house........ Rant Over

Basically looking for Feedback from anyone going through the same mess as me, and if anybody has any ideas as to why this is happening and why Eircom are being such knobs.

Any replies will be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

pinion1111 wrote: »
    From trawling the internet and Boards.ie for a fortnight I still can't get a straight answer.
    Thousands of Eircom customers (me included) have for about the last six months have being getting line drops daily. Sometimes 20 a day, sometimes 3 a day. This is a nightmare for all online-gamers and general surfing too.
    Started happening myself about two months ago and is starting to drive me insane.

Talked to several reps on the phone and on Twitter but cant get a straight answer from anyone. I'm fairly tech savvy and know how to set up all my systems pretty well.... I'm presuming there is an internal problem that they can't divulge but you should hear some of the excuses. Priceless....

One quick google search will show you the amount of people that have the exact same problem and Eircom seem to think it's ok to lay the blame at the customers door. Charging people to get their lines and routers replaced and blaming water in the lines in your house........ Rant Over

Basically looking for Feedback from anyone going through the same mess as me, and if anybody has any ideas as to why this is happening and why Eircom are being such knobs.

welcome to the club :)

after having an eircom guy in my flat the day before yesterday (had to take a day off work) he had it working...but i went home from work yesterday i find the line dead again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pinion1111

Sorry to hear about that Nothingbetter2do. The things we do for internets.
    Slight bit of progress made this morning. Managed to actually talk to an Eircom worker today in the shop I work in. He wasn't a techichian unfortunately. He erects the poles.. But he reckons that the Eircom lines simply cant handle the traffic and they have made business accounts a priority and left any household accounts trailing behind. (also explains why my business line never goes dead)

Eircom had planned to roll out a better service, but with the recession and the company going into examinership it was all shelved. hopefully now that things seem to be stabalising financially at Eircom they can pull their finger out and sort out their loyal customers

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Darthvadar

Had difficulty myself a couple of weeks ago... No internet access at all...

To be fair to Eircom, after a chat with Tech. Support, a new modem, and a visit from an engineer to change a faulty socket , all completed within a week, I'm up and running again...

I've no complaints at all, and I found the whole experience to be positive, even for a technaphobe like me!...

Hope everyone gets sorted out really soon....

Darth...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Darthvadar wrote: »
    Had difficulty myself a couple of weeks ago... No internet access at all...

To be fair to Eircom, after a chat with Tech. Support, a new modem, and a visit from an engineer to change a faulty socket , all completed within a week, I'm up and running again...

I've no complaints at all, and I found the whole experience to be positive, even for a technaphobe like me!...

Hope everyone gets sorted out really soon....

Darth...

Thanks Darth,

Good to hear this has been sorted out and your connection is fine again.

Let me know if I can assist you anytime.

Best wishes,
    Ant

pinion1111 wrote: »

Thanks for your post.

If you PM me with your phone number I will check your broadband connection and escalate to Broadband Support if necessary.

Best regards,
    Ant

• Advertisement

welcome to the club :)

after having an eircom guy in my flat the day before yesterday (had to take a day off work) he had it working...but i went home from work yesterday i find the line dead again.

Hi Nothingbetter2d,

If you PM me with your phone or eircom Account number I will look into your broadband query.

Let me know if I can help you further.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Hi Nothingbetter2d,

If you PM me with your phone or eircom Account number I will look into your broadband query.

Let me know if I can help you further.

Best wishes,
    Ant

ah its ok.... my friend in eircom has been keeping me updated.... my ticket has been elevated to a class 1 high priority case now....

the road outside needs to be dug up to replace the faulty line. fingers crossed eircom will lay fibre between the cabinets when they have the hole dug. however i would like all bills to be suspended while i have no line, phone or dsl. so i'll have to phone account and billing on monday to have that arranged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

ah its ok.... my friend in eircom has been keeping me updated.... my ticket has been elevated to a class 1 high priority case now....

the road outside needs to be dug up to replace the faulty line. fingers crossed eircom will lay fibre between the cabinets when they have the hole dug. however i would like all bills to be suspended while i have no line, phone or dsl. so i'll have to phone account and billing on monday to have that arranged.

Hi pinion1111,

It is not possible to suspend the bills. However when the fault is full resolved we can look into arranging a credit for the broadband downtime and we have have a dedicated department (Customer Charter) who deal with rebates in relation to line rental during a fault.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement