Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BKC's Sports Log

Options
  • 22-06-2012 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭

I've enjoyed reading a few logs on here recently - Ade and Kryogen, in particular - so I thought it would be a good idea to start a log of my own.

I will be betting mostly on football as that is the only sport I really know anything about. I will have occasional bets on other sports. I will try and post my reasoning for each bet incase anyone is thinking of following my bets.

I just opened a Paddy Power account there and will be depositing €50 tomorrow and that will be my starting balance. I will be betting it all for my first bet in order to get a €50 freebet.

Main aim of this log is to try and make some money. At the end of the day though, I bet for the enjoyment of it and it gives me something to do with my time. I'm not very disciplined also so hopefully the log will help with that.

First bet will be posted tomorrow morning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Good luck with it mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Yep, best of luck.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Sure, I just ramble a lot of the time :pac: Seriously though, stay disciplined with figures(as I learned early with my original log) and you'll be grand. Footy betting as we all know is a rollercoaster of a sport to bet on as well as to view. Best of luck man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Thanks lads, appreciate it! :)

Germany vs. Greece.
    €50 - Germany to win to nil @1.90.

As I mentioned in my first post, I am putting my full bank on this first bet in order to get a €50 freebet. This was available @2.00 earlier in the week but I'm happy that it hasn't shortened further to 1.83 as I had expected.

I think Germany will run out comfortable winners tonight against Greece. It won't be easy for them as Greece will sit back and defend, but they should be able to break them down eventually with the quality in their side. I am surprised to see that Germany are resting Gomez, Muller, and Podolski, but I am confident that Klose, Reus, and Schurlle can all come in and do a job tonight as they are all quality players. I actually fancy Germany to go all the way and win the tournament as they have quality players in every position.

Germany only kept 1 clean sheet in the group stages but I feel they are generally solid at the back. Neuer is a beast in goal and I've been really impressed with Hummels. Holland and Denmark offer a lot more going forward than Greece also. I feel Greece's attacking threat will be minimal. They don't score much goals and the 3 goals they have scored have come from poor Russian defending and goalkeeping mistakes from Cech and Szczesny. Greece are also without their influential midfielder Karagounis and defenders Holebas and Papadopoulos.

That's enough rambling from me. I think Germany will win 2-0, comfortably.

That didn't go to plan! :o

Newell's Old Boys vs. Atletico Lanus.
    €50 [Freebet] - Newell's Old Boys to win to nil @2.80.

This is where I fall down, after losses. I just make stupid impulse bets to try and recover my losses. All or nothing here!

• Advertisement

BKC wrote: »
    That didn't go to plan! :o

Newell's Old Boys vs. Atletico Lanus.
    €50 [Freebet] - Newell's Old Boys to win to nil @2.80.

This is where I fall down, after losses. I just make stupid impulse bets to try and recover my losses. All or nothing here!

Have you already placed that bet?

The price of 3/4 for just a win is not a bad price, the win to nil is one I considered but after what happened in the Germany game I am not going to be betting that market tonight :)

kryogen wrote: »
    Have you already placed that bet?

The price of 3/4 for just a win is not a bad price, the win to nil is one I considered but after what happened in the Germany game I am not going to be betting that market tonight :)

Yeah, I placed it. I've never liked placing freebets on anything under evens. Just a personal thing. I suppose it would be safer to go for the straight win but let's hope they win 1-0 or 2-0. ;)

I do! Last games of the season can be dodgy, thats what stopped me with the win to nil, hope it comes in for you though :)

I hate ending a log so early but I feel it's the right thing to do right now. I could keep this going but I don't feel like that would be a good idea at the moment.

The 2nd of July is a big date for me so I will be back then and start a new log. Just not really in the right frame of mind for this at the moment.

Ade, can you lock this up please?

:o

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Yeah, no problem man.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement