Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beko problems

Options
  • 21-06-2012 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭

Have a Beko washing machine and a dryer and the blink. The dryer problem is simple enough. Belt snapped. Any ideas where I can order one quickly?

The washing machine is not so simple. The drum will not spin correctly. At first i though it was the motor failing but then I noticedt here is what looks like a spark underneath it every so often. Anyone got an idea what that might be? Is it supposed to do that? I'm trying to decide wether it's worth getting it looked at or if i should just buy a new one.

Comments

There are a number of companies that do spare parts online, a quick google will bring up a list.
    Prices for the parts and delivery vary so worth checking with several of them.

The washing machine problem sounds like worn motor brushes, these are fairly cheap and not too difficult to replace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I changed the brushes and checked the belt. Both appear fine. There seems to be a whirring noise coming from the motor when it tries to spin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Decided to move onto the dryer. About 40 screws removed in the back panel and I still can't take it off. The piece connecting the drum, i think it's called a circlip holding, will not come off. Is there a special way of removing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Circlip plier.:)

Sometimes you can open them with a long nose pliers (inwards), or 2 nails in 2 pliers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement