Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could I get rental assistance?

Options
  • 21-06-2012 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭

My parents want me to move out, but I just get E100 a week in social welfare. Have a few hundred quid in savings. I had more savings but spent most of it on a car (insurance, NCT, tax, maintenance) plus getting to and from training courses (petrol). Then there's bills and food to pay for if I get my own place. Will I just have to beg them to let me stay? To be honest, I want a little independence myself, but I just can't see how I'd be able to live. I want to better myself in the long run by starting my Leaving Cert in Adult Education in a few months, but how would I be able to afford books on top of other stuff?!

Really need advice. :(

Comments

Advertisement