Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help whilst waiting for jsa

Options
  • 21-06-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi i wonder if anybody can offer any advice?

I am 19 and just finished college i applied for jsa and had an interview last week. I was told i'd hear this week but i really didn't expect to hear so soon and as yet i haven't heard anything. I live with my parents and they have 1 wage coming in but its not a big one and they are just scraping by what with keeping me and my younger brother.

I was told by a friend i could go down and get help from the community welfare officer whilst my claim was being assessed, Is this the case and if so how do i go about paying this money back? I am looking for work but haven't had any luck so far.

Any advice anyone could give me would be great. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

The CWO(community welfare office) is the person to go to for help while you have a pending claim. Whatever they pay you will be repaid from the arrears on you JSA. You need to bring similar documents with to see the CWO to allow them make a decision on your claim. Contact your local SW office to find out the days and times of your local CWO clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thank you i'll do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You can find out the location of your local cwo from this link.
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/ContactUs/Pages/cwo_contact.aspx

Advertisement