Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for cigars?

Options
  • 21-06-2012 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

Hey guys, never posted here before and I have to admit I'm hardly even a social smoker.

There's a friends 21st coming up in a few weeks and a couple of lads along with myself decided we'd bring a few cigars for a laugh. Obviously being around 21/22 we cant spend massive amounts, but at the same time we don't want to end up with some cheap junk! It's not going to be a present, just something we have for "the night". None of us could even be classed as full time smokers!:rolleyes:

Any suggestions on something that is, A: reasonably priced and B: wont taste like absolute crap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

As ye are not cigar smokers or even seasoned ciggy smokers then buying a large cigar would be a waste of money (which you claim is tight). You simply won't enjoy/finish it.
    If you want to do the cigar thing then get a box of Cohiba Minis. 10 cigarette size cigars (3 1/4 and 21 ring gauge).
    Cohiba Clubs are slightly larger (3 3/4, 26 gauge) for more of a 'cigar' feel.

You'll have to buy them in a tobacconist/cigar store or online. If you are in a cigar store then ask the staff about other brands of minis available.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭thenashlegend

Thanks for the reply, I honestly hadn't a clue where to go about this. Checked an English online store and they seem to have good prices on the couple you mentioned,

http://www.simplycigars.co.uk/cohiba-clubs-p-436.html

These "clubs" are £18 for 10, or the "mini's" are £17 for 20.
    I'd be inclined to get the box of 10 as they have a more of an appearance of a proper cigar.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The Club will look more like a cigar then the minis. Check out Petersons or James Fox or The Decent Cigar Emporium all of which are within walking distance of each other in Dublin. A search of the forum here will give you links to the above.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement