Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Petrol In Ennis Area?

Options
  • 21-06-2012 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭

Just out of curiosity. Diesel as well if anybody has any suggestions.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I normally get it either at the Applegreen across from St. Flannan's (Captain Macs) or the petrol station just off the roundabout on the Lahinch Road, you have to pay for the amount in advance of filling the petrol, that usually annoies me cause I normally just fill

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Greenacres

Cheapest yesterday was the one across from the Mart on the Quinn road. 146.8 Diesel only there.

Generally the cheapest in town will be the Applegreen at Flannans lights. Corrib Oil on the Clare road match them if not beat them, open 8 to 8. The one on the Lahinch road just off the bypass roundabout. and Hogans out the Gort road.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Greenacres

Clareman wrote: »
    I normally get it either at the Applegreen across from St. Flannan's (Captain Macs) or the petrol station just off the roundabout on the Lahinch Road, you have to pay for the amount in advance of filling the petrol, that usually annoies me cause I normally just fill

Yeah Hogans is prepay too. I paid for 40 euro the other day and it gave me 39.99. Ha ha I know only 1 cent but still..... pay for 20 or 50 and it gets it right!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭lenc

a bit of good news for once!

petrol prices are to fall by 8 to 10 c per litre over the next three weeks according to rte aertel!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

lenc wrote: »

a bit of good news for once!

petrol prices are to fall by 8 to 10 c per litre over the next three weeks according to rte aertel!

We are getting ripped off big time in Ireland. First time ever I paid less for petrol or Diesel in the algrave. It was always 30% dearer but this year diesel 134.7 and 145.3 for petrol:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BRAIN FEEDs

Esso today on the Lahinch rd,1st one from the claureen roundabout out of town,

1:56.9

thats the cheapest today in town

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Yeah, I have noticed the one on the Lahinch Rd and also the Gort Rd have been the cheapest in town pretty much since they switched over to prepay. I wonder if that shows how much they (and other petrol stations) have been loosing through theft?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BRAIN FEEDs

mel.b wrote: »
    Yeah, I have noticed the one on the Lahinch Rd and also the Gort Rd have been the cheapest in town pretty much since they switched over to prepay. I wonder if that shows how much they (and other petrol stations) have been loosing through theft?
    when your only yards from a dual carriageway or bypass,they cant risk it.

i did prepay in cork 2 years ago,so it seems common enough or at least catching on:confused:

Advertisement