Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kmeaw PS3 - Can i backup trophies/saves?

Options
  • 21-06-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭

I have 2 PS3s. Both on kmeaw 3.55 and spoofed to 4.11.

I'm half way through COD:MW2 on the hardest difficulty and have unlocked some trophies etc. Now I'm thinking that I want to play it online and have a bit of banter there. Add to that, the fact that the modding scene has been reduced to a trickle, I figured I should bite the bullet and upgrade the "good" PS3 to OFW (The "good" one has a working laser, the other doesnt). Anyway, the problem is, before I upgrade to OFW, I presume I will have to complete format the HDD and lose my saves/trophies in the process so they don't detect custom software and ban me.

Is there any way I can upgrade and still keep hold of my trophies and saves?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I have 2 PS3s. Both on kmeaw 3.55 and spoofed to 4.11.

I'm half way through COD:MW2 on the hardest difficulty and have unlocked some trophies etc. Now I'm thinking that I want to play it online and have a bit of banter there. Add to that, the fact that the modding scene has been reduced to a trickle, I figured I should bite the bullet and upgrade the "good" PS3 to OFW (The "good" one has a working laser, the other doesnt). Anyway, the problem is, before I upgrade to OFW, I presume I will have to complete format the HDD and lose my saves/trophies in the process so they don't detect custom software and ban me.

Is there any way I can upgrade and still keep hold of my trophies and saves?

Thanks.

I would just delete all of the homebrew apps you've installed and update to OFW, I don't think you'd get banned

Advertisement