Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA and casual/freelance work

Options
  • 21-06-2012 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about going back to college, and wanted to ask what is the story with casual and freelance work while receiving BTEAllowance. anyone have a story to share? I'm doing some IT related work from time to time and just want to know if that will not interfere with the scheme
    any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

While on BTEA you are allowed to work or be self employed as long as you attend your course. You should keep in mind that when you return to JA during the summer if you are self employed it will will affect your claim, the means will have to be reviewed by the Social Welfare Inspector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

thanks for your answer. I'm both self employed and on JSA all the time, so I am used to random checks, but what I really wanted to know is that would extra money that I bring from time to time affect my allowance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The only limit they'seam' to have is that, you can work up to 20hrs per week during term time.

Advertisement