Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency social welfare payment

Options
  • 21-06-2012 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys, I got let go from my job at the end of April and I signed onto job seekers a week afterwards. I was wondering why my claim was taking so long so I rang in and was told my claim has been randomly selected to be sent to the inspector to be evaluated. I went into the health board nearly 2 weeks ago for emergency payment. I brought in all the documents they asked for and explained that my rent was 2 weeks late and my landlord is threatening me with eviction. I have no where else to go if I get evicted and I am literally down to my last 50 cent and still haven't received emergency payment. Does anyone have any idea how long it usually takes or is it always this dragged out? I'm seriously strapped for cash and I don't know what I'm going to do if this money doesnt come through soon:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You should be able to go to the cwo weekly for a payment (swa) while you wait for your claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Im waiting since February so dont hold your breath... I was refused SWA because my wife works 30 hrs a week, I was told that she can support the six of us and pay a mortgage and the bills and run two cars ect ect ...

If you were just a paye worker and not married your claim should be simple, I would go to the dole office every day asking to see an inspector until they pay you.. If an inspector has your file it shouldnt be too long now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Slippers22

Thanks a million guys, I'm going down in the morning to ask for the welfare officer. Really hope this gets sorted out soon, the bills are piling up

Advertisement