Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nearly Homeless

Options
  • 21-06-2012 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have been asked to move out of my rented shared accommodation soon. It is owner occupied and the owner doesn't want someone unemployed living there despite the fact that it is known that I am trying very hard to find work.

My problem is that I can't find anywhere that will accept rent allowance. All ads on Daft.ie state 'rent allowance not accepted'.

Is there anywhere I can get a list of landlord who accept rent allowance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Please please please if someone can advise me as to where to go for advice post. This is very serious.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Start with your local CWO,ask them if the know landlords who will take rent allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Do I need appointment to see the CWO?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Do I need appointment to see the CWO?
    No not usually find out where they are located and hours of business, join the queue (get there early)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

when you go onto daft go to advanced search and you can tick the box that says rent allowance accepted so it will show you only the places that accept it in the given area, also lots of places dont specify so if it doesnt say it doesnt but doesnt say it does they why not chance your arm and go see it and have a chat with the LL/letting agent when there

all CWO will do is tell you the above or give you a list of those properties, but touch base with them either way as you may need the help in a little bit

• Advertisement
Advertisement