Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back To Education Allowance

Options
  • 21-06-2012 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

Ok, bit of an unique situation here...

I was in a level 8 college course. Got to third year. Failed exams and had to drop out. SO I went on the jobseekers and have been on it for nearly two years.

Now I recently sat the exams I failed as an external student and passed them so I can do my fourth year.

Would anyone know if I am entitled to get the BTEA for my last year seeing as I am on the social?

I saw this on their website but I'm not sure:
    Undergraduate courses

In general you must be starting your third-level course at year one. However, you can apply for BTEA if you:

Did not complete your course and are returning to the second or subsequent year of your course.

Are exempt from part of your course because of a qualification you received in a previous course. For example, you have a higher certificate in a course that you now wish to pursue to degree level.

Completed some of your course as a part-time student, but are now getting a jobseeker's payment and will continue your course on a full-time basis

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

Yes, it sounds like you'll qualify for btea. I don't see why you wouldn't.

Advertisement