Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trojan.horse.downloader.generic10.agxj

Options
  • 21-06-2012 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

A rogue machine was put on our network and within an hour or two, 5 or 6 machines on the network are popping up an AVG warning similar to

trojan.horse.downloader.generic10.agxj

Advice welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

did AVG give you the option of removing the file

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

johndoe99 wrote: »
    did AVG give you the option of removing the file

Yes it did. My hesitance was that this trojan propagated the network. I can't [or would prefer not to] take all machines off the network. If I clean one machine, it may get infected again from another machine.

Anyway, so far, cleaned machines aren't getting re-infected. I'll keep an eye on them for an hour or two.

So far servers remained clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Something let these infections pass through the network.
    I recommend you patch/update your OS and what ever applications your using that are connectable over the network.

Something let these infections pass through the network.
    I recommend you patch/update your OS and what ever applications your using that are connectable over the network.

That's the obvious one :) All machines are being patched now. I just want to make sure they are also clean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

You could give yourself peace of mind my running an updated malware bytes in safe mode.

• Advertisement

AVG isn't "cleaning" the computers, or keeping them clean. When I clean the infected machines, they show the threat again about 2 hours later. All at the same time. Looks like a machine is broadcasting at intervals.

Advertisement