Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Crisps Cheese and Onion 24 Pack €4

Options
  • 21-06-2012 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭

My favourite crisps and I've never seen them this cheap.

I got them in Tesco Artane Castle. Assume its nationwide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Great googly moogly, the crisp gods are at work today. Just after me posting THIS, I see this offer.

To Tesco......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Dammit, must resist, cholesterol level rising.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

bazwaldo wrote: »
    and I've never seen them this cheap.

pfft I remember when they were 7p a packet*

*hey someone was always going to say it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

4p :o:o

Anyone tried the Spuddys crisps in Aldi (2 C&O, 2 SnV and 2 Smok bacon) - 99c for 6 (though I bought a pack last Sunday and there was about 9 packets in it) bought one yesterday and there was 7 packets of crisps in it !!!:cool:

Don't know who makes them for Aldi but they are delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

pfft I remember when they were 7p a packet*

*hey someone was always going to say it

Ah but sure they were only in the plastic back then.
    Now they're in foil, for extra freshness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

vicwatson wrote: »
    4p :o:o

Anyone tried the Spuddys crisps in Aldi (2 C&O, 2 SnV and 2 Smok bacon) - 99c for 6 (though I bought a pack last Sunday and there was about 9 packets in it) bought one yesterday and there was 7 packets of crisps in it !!!:cool:

Don't know who makes them for Aldi but they are delicious.

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/product_range/12378.htm

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

N64 wrote: »

Excellent detective work!! Have tried the Okey Dokeys in Aldi and they are really good too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

et101 wrote: »
    Excellent detective work!! Have tried the Okey Dokeys in Aldi and they are really good too :rolleyes:

Cheers I knew Okey Dokeys were made by the Hunky Dory people - all made by Largo Foods which also make Tayto and King.

Ray Coyle owns all the brands so...

Tayto
    King
    Hunky Doreys
    Oakey Dokeys
    Snackrite (aka Spuddys)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

If ever there was an ad for not eating crisps he'd be in it :-p they make the best packeted pop corn going none of the farty cheese smelling soy lecithin stuff like perri et al. some packs can be a bit on the salty side though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Going back to my very young days (mid 70's) I think Kings were only available in the pubs (being bought for me with soft drinks) as I cannot recollect them being generally available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

I loved the jackets variety whatever happened them. I only remember Tayto pub crisps and they were pure salt. Shouldn't be let near kids really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

And the times when we got Ready salted because they were cheaper (The Superquinn own brand which came in plain white packets).

We then put salt and vinegar on them ourselves to make s&v crisps. A fine art indeed. Too much and you were left with a soggy mess at the bottom.

Think they were 19p for 6 packs :eek:

Thanks OP for the BA. Will be stocking up over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭bren2001

Got a pack in Clarehall on Saturday, it was the best decision of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

In Maynooth they re in a big bin, but careful as the 24 packs are at the very very bottom and are covered with the 12 packs!!!;)

Advertisement