Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Radio

Options
  • 21-06-2012 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Delighted with my Internet radio except that it keeps cutting out, fine for hours and then, especially in the mornings,:mad: cuts out on and off and sometimes altogether with various messages on the readout screen. Tried changing channels as advised by Eircom but didnt make much difference, Eircom said it is caused by my cordless phone signal and suggested moving the base unit further away from the modem but didnt help either - any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

fourcats wrote: »
    Delighted with my Internet radio except that it keeps cutting out, fine for hours and then, especially in the mornings,:mad: cuts out on and off and sometimes altogether with various messages on the readout screen. Tried changing channels as advised by Eircom but didnt make much difference, Eircom said it is caused by my cordless phone signal and suggested moving the base unit further away from the modem but didnt help either - any suggestions?

Simple test is to plug it directly into your Router with a network cable:
    rj_45_cables.jpg
    This rules out the possibly of your "cordless phone" signal :rolleyes:

What actually causes problems with Internet radio is poor signal from your router ie a weak broadcast . The "free" routers tends to be of low signal output in range. High contention from your ISP ( Eircom ) can be a big issue to .Contention is a term for the amount of people sharing your line e.g. 24:1 on their "24MB" package.

Alternately its the speed you have from your ISP , I have found Internet radios work better on over 3MB lines.

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭fourcats

Thank you for that information, guessed it might be an ISP problem and also why the problem is intermittent.

Hi, I hope you don't mind me getting back to you. I eventually got around to trying your suggestion of putting a lead directly between the radio and the router, and it worked perfectly, so where do I go from here? Prior to trying this I had disconnected the cordless phone but this made no difference whatsoever, would welcome your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

fourcats wrote: »
    Hi, I hope you don't mind me getting back to you. I eventually got around to trying your suggestion of putting a lead directly between the radio and the router, and it worked perfectly, so where do I go from here? Prior to trying this I had disconnected the cordless phone but this made no difference whatsoever, would welcome your thoughts.

I use a the internet home plugs with my internet radio, it never fails.:)

:)

Had a look at that - seems very complicated just to get my internet radio to work properly, why would I need the bigger square thing to plug into the laptop? I would gladly buy it if I could be sure it would work but after visiting the Cameron Gray website I can't see the price or where to buy one.:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement