Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering Galway.

Options
  • 21-06-2012 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, is there any volunteering group in Galway?
    I'd really like join it.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Thanks. :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

what kind of volunteering would you be interested in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Clavdia

Any kind of volunteering.
    I just need to feel useful and help people in any kind of way.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

Could you give an idea of how much time a week you could commit to and whether you would do it for something like a year? Or whether you would prefer to leave your time commitment to a minimum? There are quite a few areas you could look at from helping the elderly to people with disabilities or in Sport. Think about what you would bring in terms of skills and what area would benefit most from having you volunteer.

Ok, so ... i'd like to be volunteer in an hospital.
    Possibly with kids. I've already done volunteering with old people and people with disabilities. The thing is i'm Italian and i don't know where to start here in Ireland. I've no idea where to go, how it works, etc. Or if there are some courses at least. I'm free every morning and i'd say for at least 3 months.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

If there is significant training required they may ask for greater commitment than three months. You may also need to get a Garda (police) Clearance certificate which can take time. They could require training that may only happen once or twice a year too so that could be another time delay.Galway University Hospital Galway Hospice
    Childrens hospital.ie
    For more general enquiries you can also look up your local volunteer.ie centre.

• Advertisement

Thank you very much! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 excalibur the swordsman

Your local St Vincent De Paul would be glad to have you, Garda vetting required.

Advertisement