Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing Galway.

Options
  • 21-06-2012 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all.
    I'd like to get a tongue piercing.
    I live in Galway and i was wondering what's the best place to get piercing in this town (?).
    Does it hurt?
    Any tips?

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 birdygirl

Can i follow that with another request?

I want to get my tragus pierced. I don't care what it costs, but i would prefer to get in done in Galway/Limerick. If anyone has got it done, could you post a pic (cos im picky) and let me know your thoughts on the best place?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Clavdia

Nothing ?! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Just use the search bar and look up piercing in Galway, there are like 100's of threads on it already.
    Lazy ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Clavdia

Haha. Hello rudeness.
    I did it already.
    But they are old threads. And things change, you know. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

I can't suggest a studio to go to as I've never been to Galway, but I can answer your other questions :)

Does it hurt? No. It's pierced along the center line of your tongue, all your nerves are located in the side of your tongue. You will feel the needle going through your tongue, but its a sensation, not a pain. Its practically painless to get done. Although the healing can be very painful (It was for me anyway).

Any tips? If you've had other piercings and they swelled badly tell the piercer! A longer bar than usual will be placed in your tongue to start with and after 2-3 weeks a smaller one will be put in and after about a month and a half you can put any tongue bar in as the swelling will be gone. Buy a non-alcohol mouthwash and use this. Drink plenty of cold water and if it gets really painful suck on ice (Cold water and ice will also help bring down the swelling). Make sure you clean it at least twice a day (Piercer will go through all this and may suggest you use a product other than mouthwash). For the first 4 days I couldn't eat anything and I found swallowing extremely difficult, my tongue swelled up more than it should (happens some people, you may be fine), but if this happens to you take some paracetamol, and make sure you stay hydrated, constantly sip at water. After the 4 days I could manage a cup'a'soup and cut up pasta. After about 2 weeks I could eat normally again. Your piercer will advise on what foods to stay away from (Solid foods, dairy products, chewing gum and theres a few more I can't remember off the top of my head). Also be careful that you don't constantly rub it off the roof of your mouth, it wears away the skin and sores and blister form, this is painful. And I'd suggest a bendy plastic bar (glow in the dark ones from Claires) for the first few months at least, (after the healing process and you're told you can have a standard size bar) as it takes time to get used to having a piece of metal in your mouth and you'll bite down on it while eating, which can cause damage and even break your teeth.

And if you have a problem with it go back to the piercer that done it instead of a doctor. You don't need to waste money going to a doctor when he/she more than likely knows very little about piercings and the healing process of piercings. If you need medical attention the piercer will advise you. Don't put off going back to the piercer, if you think there is a problem go back ASAP and get it checked. Most of the time it's something simple that can be fixed in the studio (wrong size bar etc) but if it's left too long then it will be a costly doctor or even a hospital visit.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask me, now or after it's pierced ^.^ Good luck and enjoy your new piercing :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just use the search bar and look up piercing in Galway, there are like 100's of threads on it already.
    Lazy ass.

No need for that.Consider this a warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭AllWasWell

Clavdia wrote: »
    Hi all.
    I'd like to get a tongue piercing.
    I live in Galway and i was wondering what's the best place to get piercing in this town (?).
    Does it hurt?
    Any tips?

Thanks. :)
    Metalworks on Shop Street is prob the best place to go, i dont have any piercings but i got a tattoo there. Theyre really clean and professional and so friendly aswell, albeit they are a bit pricy..plenty of my friends have got piercings there and they agree its the best place in galway

Advertisement