Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Refund and Casual work

Options
  • 21-06-2012 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I've been working the past 3 months on casual on the social welfare.The money I am earning has been heavily taxed due to the emergency tax I have to pay.I'm looking to claim this back and have found the form in which I've to fill out in order to do so.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/forms/form12a.pdf

Part D asked about social welfare payment.I'm wondering will that affect my claim?If I say I'm on benefits for example will they deduct or cut x-amount of the money I'm trying to claim

It also asked for the weekly amount which cannot really be answered as it varies week to week?

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The reason it asks that is because jsb is taxable. If you were getting means testes jsa, there is no issue. Best thing to do is write out the total you've received from the social and go down to the tax office with your payslips. That way you'll know you are doing it right. You should have a check within a few days if you are no longer working.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Darth Floodric

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    The reason it asks that is because jsb is taxable. If you were getting means testes jsa, there is no issue. Best thing to do is write out the total you've received from the social and go down to the tax office with your payslips. That way you'll know you are doing it right. You should have a check within a few days if you are no longer working.

Thanks for the reply.my jsb is not means tested so I'm wondering what difference that will make.also I'm currently still employed

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Please try posting this in the taxation forum.thanks http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1208

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement