Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

30 yrs old 08/2013

Options
  • 20-06-2012 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Car is 30 next aug2013 but still on eng plates at moment ,would i be right in saying that it would only be 200 euro to vrt it then.quoting unreal prices on line

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭acmatman

keep you head down

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

Correct, BUT, you will need a ticket from the Ferry Co. showing the date of importation into the State, + plus an Invoice of Date of purchase. It is really no problem, if you do the thing right. Just bear in mind that cusom officers are not customs, because they are fools! Any stroke you try to pull, they have come accross it befeore. I am saying this, with 30 years experience of dealing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

mattroche wrote: »
    Correct, BUT, you will need a ticket from the Ferry Co. showing the date of importation into the State, + plus an Invoice of Date of purchase. It is really no problem, if you do the thing right. Just bear in mind that cusom officers are not customs, because they are fools! Any stroke you try to pull, they have come accross it befeore. I am saying this, with 30 years experience of dealing with them.

:D
    very true :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭f4fay

mattroche wrote: »

Why would you need a ferry ticket....you might have brought it in from the north !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

When you go to reg. it you will need the following,
    Original reg. documents.
    MOT or its equivelent from the country of origin, if not, it will need a basic roadworthines test when presented at the NCT/VRT centre.
    Photo ID.
    PPS no..
    Proof of address.
    Purchase receipt, you can write this yourself.
    Ferry or haulier receipt.
    €200.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

f4fay wrote: »
    Why would you need a ferry ticket....you might have brought it in from the north !!!!
    5. For vehicles imported from Northern Ireland, where the invoice is dated more than 30 days earlier than the date the vehicle is presented for registration, details of where the vehicle was stored are required. For vehicles purchased elsewhere (including the UK), shipping details to confirm the date of arrival of the vehicle in the State are required. Where satisfactory evidence of the date the vehicle entered the State is not available, an additional charge may be raised by Revenue for the period from the invoice date to the date of registration.

Supply them with satisfactory evidence: no problem. If you don't, then bend over. A vehicle from the North should have a V5CNI, one from mainland GB a V5C. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

f4fay wrote: »

If you bring it in from the north there are slightly differernt rules, as someone said, they aint stupid!

OP If the car is already in the state, remember you are basically avoiding tax if you present it for registration after its 30 years old.Thats quite a serious offence, so be very careful

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

corktina wrote: »
    If you bring it in from the north there are slightly differernt rules, as someone said, they aint stupid!

OP If the car is already in the state, remember you are basically avoiding tax if you present it for registration after its 30 years old.Thats quite a serious offence, so be very careful

Not if your name is Wallace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭mustang68

Sounds like someone is going to be going on a day trip to holyhead :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭mountain

aujopimur wrote: »
    When you go to reg. it you will need the following,
    Original reg. documents.
    MOT or its equivelent from the country of origin, if not, it will need a basic roadworthines test when presented at the NCT/VRT centre.
    Photo ID.
    PPS no..
    Proof of address.
    Purchase receipt, you can write this yourself.
    Ferry or haulier receipt.
    €200.

I was in the cork NCT in the past few weeks, with a UK car, all of the above were asked for except the ferry/haulier receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

mountain wrote: »
    I was in the cork NCT in the past few weeks, with a UK car, all of the above were asked for except the ferry/haulier receipt.

You can still get a follow up request for it, and not from the nice NCT people:eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

mustang68 wrote: »
    Sounds like someone is going to be going on a day trip to holyhead :)
    I think I'd go to Fishguard... Holyhead's depressing!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Rather go to Cairnryan myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭f4fay

I've VRT'd 3 cars since the new rules came out and was never asked for a ferry ticket and there is nothing that says you can't buy a car in the uk and leave it with a friend up north until you bring it south !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

yes there is...see post 8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

If you have a relation in the north or uk you can put it in their name untill it reaches 30 years old.

Advertisement