Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport express base station.

Options
  • 20-06-2012 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

I'm looking for one of the older (plug in) type of airport base station but nowhere seems to have them anymore.

Just wondering if anyone has one lying around that they no longer need and would be willing to sell.

Cheers,
    Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

If I was you I'd be buying the new one. Dual band wifi and the ability to connect a lot more devices, plus the extra ethernet port all mean a much better purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

If I was you I'd be buying the new one. Dual band wifi and the ability to connect a lot more devices, plus the extra ethernet port all mean a much better purchase!

Thanks Zapp, all I want this to do is extend an existing network that runs through a AirPort Extreme. I'm getting a crap range on the network at the moment. Figured the old version would be fine but if I cant source one will have to go for the new one i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yeah if it's just being used as an extender then the old model will do you just fine! Good luck in finding one (try Adverts!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Try Argos. Or keep an eye on the Apple refurb store. There's none there at the moment, but they are bound to pop up in the coming weeks.

But I'd recommend the new model as well. While the old model was very convenient, the plug-in design wasn't conducive to signal strength. Ideally a wireless router should be at least a few feet off the floor and away from the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Horror nights

I have one lyin around there if you want. €50

I'm actually struggling to extend my eircoms wifi range with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Thanks for the offer but got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Horror nights

snollup wrote: »

Thanks for the offer but got sorted.

Not a bother!!

Advertisement