Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1 awarded best international stattion

• 20-06-2012 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

I know that it's probably not the done thing to praise RTE around here, but achieving an international award of this stature in successive years, and beating off competition from the Beeb and ABC in Australia is praiseworthy IMO. Not to mention 28 individual awards. So congrats RTE.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,339 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This has to be a extraction of urine surely ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I checked the organisation that bestowed that gong and to be honest it looks like the sort of body that you pay to give you an award. Check the list below (something for everyone)

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0619/rte.html

New York Festivals International Radio Awards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

We had this argument the last time RTE advertised they won so many international awards, "One for everyone in the Audience Awards".

• Registered Users Posts: 20 johnnyvee

mike65 wrote: »
    I checked the organisation that bestowed that gong and to be honest it looks like the sort of body that you pay to give you an award. Check the list below (something for everyone)

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0619/rte.html

New York Festivals International Radio Awards

Or just maybe RTE radio 1 is internationally recognised as being a great station. That's a bit too obvious I suppose .......................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

johnnyvee wrote: »
    Or just maybe RTE radio 1 is internationally recognised as being a great station. That's a bit too obvious I suppose .......................

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

I was just wondering why nobody had mentioned these international awards in this section of boards. RTE weren't the only Irish stations to get awards at that. Dermot and Dave from 98fm got best comedy duo and 4FM got some award as well but I don't remember what there's was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Mad props to R1, well deserved.

Advertisement