Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OCZ 128G SSD "Petrol Series" SATA3 - £59 (€74) + free delivery from Amazon UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

hmm....Some very mixed there reviews there. Seem to be a lot of issues. I would avoid this one and spend a bit extra to get something more reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

JHet wrote: »
    hmm....Some very mixed there reviews there. Seem to be a lot of issues. I would avoid this one and spend a bit extra to get something more reliable.

Agreed. If you do get one, you should definetly get the official firmware update, before you start using the SSD/ loading files on it.

That said, I've had mine (cheap 2nd hand) for about 5-6 weeks now as a log disk for a ZFS set - still running smothely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I'd steer clear of OCZ solid state drives personally. Haven't had any luck with them at all, and some of the reviews are awful.

Daily backups are a MUST with these drives! Not even the new Firmware helps preventing loss of Data.
    The drives are, simply put, GARBAGE..

Better get a Samsung 830, which are almost at the same price level now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Are these ssd drives better than the normal external drive?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd stick with a crucial m4 or a samsung 830. More expensive but definitely worth it.

Advertisement