Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Charleville Show Entry question

Options
  • 20-06-2012 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know what they charge for entry to this show (next sunday, 24th) if you arrive on in a classic ?
    Had a look on their site but can't find any info there.
    Thanks, John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Princess HLS

It's FREE!!!

Plus, you get a free cuppa, a sambo and an entry plaque :)

Be there early thou as it gets busy. I'll be brining my '79 Mini Clubman with me:

b8df0365.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Thanks Princess (God, that looks weird as i typed it).
    By the way do you think there would be a problem if i showed up in a '94 Mini ? I have a '76, but the windscreen is a bit bare at the moment.....would be insured under the "driving other cars" clause as it's in the wife's name, but I would prefer to drive something with a bit more documentation on display;).

Are you a member of the Irish Mini Owners Club by any chance?? www.irishminis.ie

If you are, then the '94 would be ok on the club stand as it is a classic marque.
    If not, you could always join on the day for ony €20 for a years membership and the club is extremely active all year round.

The Southern Region Rep is Billy Mulqueen and you can contact him on 087-4195640 (9am-9pm)

We will be meeting up at 10am at the Corbett Court restaurant about 2 miles south of Charleville to get all the cars together before we convoy in to the showgrounds if you wanted to join in.

Hope that helps...???

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

wow !!!!

thats one nice looking mini !!!!!
    any more pics ????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Gonna be a moist one there id say on Sunday, excelent show though, massive variety of stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

'94 Mini would be grand I'd say but say a '94 Mondeo would be taking the piss (And probably told not a chance are ya gettin in) :)

Get there early though!!

manta mad wrote: »
    wow !!!!

thats one nice looking mini !!!!!
    any more pics ????

Here ya go:

e1582603.jpg

e1121832.jpg

0a2eee81.jpg

40772ce7.jpg

7dfbd6e9.jpg

b729abeb.jpg

83bd225c.jpg

ea65bb2e.jpg

a2559145.jpg

28f33277.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Nice Clubman.

Thinking of going if the weather isn't too bad. What time would you want to be there on Sunday with a classic?.

T.

TigerTim wrote: »
    Nice Clubman.

Thinking of going if the weather isn't too bad. What time would you want to be there on Sunday with a classic?.

T.
    Round half 11/12 id say, there should be a coningent going from Tralee Sunday morning, though if its bucketing down like its meant to i will give it a skip.

Way too late lads,

Be there for 10.30 latest as its a case of first come first serve unfortunately cause when its full that's it.

:)

• Advertisement

What was the field like today. A lot of rain this evening.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

I have been told that there will be a new entrance off the main road up at the side of Lidl and its downhill after that with the exit onto the main road, so that will make it much easier to exit. Now that the rain has stopped, all should be ok for tomorrow. A similar case last year and the Sunday turned out perfect.

You heading down Tim, im undecided yet. Damn this bastard summer.

Think I'll head down OK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭mustang68

It's FREE!!!

Plus, you get a free cuppa, a sambo and an entry plaque :)

Really?! That is the way to run a car show, it would nearly make me drive from Dublin for it. One car show I went to I paid more than a member of the public at the gate (because I didn't prepay), and was then charged silly money for tea/food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

quite common at local shows I think and very welcome in these days of high fuel costs.

I didnt go to Charleville, you probably guessed...

Was there today.We took two mini's down. Arrived just after 10am and drove straight in without any waiting.
    It was fairly slippery once we left the entrance track and hit the field proper, but it wasn't a mud-bath just no grip. Plenty of stewards to push us up the only bit of an incline.
    As regards the free entry (complete with Plaque, Sandwich and a Cuppa)
    it's things like this that make it worthwhile attending these shows.
    Although it's not Terenure, with it's overpriced entry fees, various owner's clubs, etc. (eg 50 immaculate Mercs....no offence intended), there is a lot more to see and do at shows like this. As well as the classic cars there is a huge display of classic Tractors, Trucks and a few steam engines.
    There is also the "original" Show itself with a huge variety of trade stands, a funfair, an autojumble (60% tractor orientated), a dog show, a farm animals section, and loads more.
    There was even a Chainsaw sculpture display.........

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭oldfella

was there as well ..great show ,something for everyone...great weather as well ..one of the best in ireland imo..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

Excellent show, but late comers werent allowed in, two of our members arrived at 2.30 and were refused entry, parked their cars outside and had to pay e10 entry

In fairness the idea is that you bring your car to display it to the "paying public".
    If you, or anyone else, can't be bothered to turn up until mid-afternoon then you can hardly expect to get in free for the final couple of hours of the show.

• Advertisement

Its the strangest kinda mud in that field! Its not sticky at all, sorta sandy.
    Still, good turn out and some nice tin there, especially the commercials.
    IMG_5458.jpg

Any pics today guys?

Didn't get a chance to go :)

There was lots of Minis there
    IMG_5448.jpg

Two very rare Fiats..

IMG_5452.jpg

IMG_5453.jpg

And this Albion was one fine truck..
    IMG_5467.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Manta Mad ovci

Did not make it down myself this year but heard it was a great show as for the minis a friend of mine has the bug bad he has 12 minis and still wants more.

Advertisement