Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting Parking spaces in UL

Options
  • 20-06-2012 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi , I asked my landlord if I could rent the space in front of my house for the college year (as no one in the house needs a car). He said it was a good idea and offered to put up a security camera if I found someone.
    I live 6 min walk from the main building.

Where would be the best place to advertise? or would I better off putting up flyers around UL.

I was thinking €30 a month as paid parking is €3 a day and you may be further from the college than where we live. Does this sound about right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Good luck to you, if you can find someone to pay for parking off campus with so much free parking on campus, they are nuts / lazy. Are you throwing in a free valet every month?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

Good luck to you, if you can find someone to pay for parking off campus with so much free parking on campus, they are nuts / lazy. Are you throwing in a free valet every month?

Where is all this free parking you're talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 yannfann

Huge carparks up by the pavillion, never seen them full throughout the last year, just a walk accross the living bridge¬

Where is all this free parking you're talking about?

There are free car parks at the Foundation Building, the East Gate, the Arena, behind the Schumann (pretty sure that is still non staff), at the Pavilion, at Thomond Village and at Cappavilla Village. There are only two paid car parks on campus and several staff car parks, but there is no shortage of free car parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

i dont think you can legally "rent" a piece of ground outside your house either... sounds crazy to me !! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

spaced wrote: »
    Hi , I asked my landlord if I could rent the space in front of my house for the college year (as no one in the house needs a car). He said it was a good idea and offered to put up a security camera if I found someone.
    I live 6 min walk from the main building.

Where would be the best place to advertise? or would I better off putting up flyers around UL.

I was thinking €30 a month as paid parking is €3 a day and you may be further from the college than where we live. Does this sound about right?

Next Billionaire soon.....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭secretambition

Stuxnet wrote: »
    i dont think you can legally "rent" a piece of ground outside your house either... sounds crazy to me !! :rolleyes:

If the space is in a private driveway you can rent it. Very common in busy cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Eletal

why pay to use your driveway when you can do nothing to stop people parking in front of your house anyway? I lived in college court once and the streets are always lined with cars, it's not illegal as long as they don't block drive ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 spaced

There are free car parks at the Foundation Building, the East Gate, the Arena, behind the Schumann (pretty sure that is still non staff), at the Pavilion, at Thomond Village and at Cappavilla Village. There are only two paid car parks on campus and several staff car parks, but there is no shortage of free car parking.

there is a big shortage of free parking, there is no parking in thomond, cappavilla, shuman (residents only) and the east gate and foundation are full by 8.45. I did forget the pavillion car park was open. not much reason to go over there for me.
    I was thinking more about people who come in around 10 or 11 for lectures.

i did hear from the residents that there is plans to ticket / maybe clamp cars around the housing estates. They have already started putting down yellow lines in some estates, i.e. cars parked illeagally - money spinner for the council as still a low take up on people paying the household charge :p

would 30 be excessive?

there is a big shortage of free parking, there is no parking in thomond, cappavilla, shuman (residents only) and the east gate and foundation are full by 8.45. I did forget the pavillion car park was open. not much reason to go over there for me.

I stand corrected in regards to Cappavilla (restrictions in place since Pavilion car park opened), however there is no current restriction in parking at Thomond that I am aware of and there is open car parking at the rear of the Schumann, the rows nearer the building are for staff and the row furthest out remains open parking. I have yet to see the Pavilion car park full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭brucechan

its a good idea and they already do it in bigger cities. college court has tightened up on non-residential parking and milford grange residents are doing likewise from september. double yellow lines are in place, and parking on verges and footpaths etc wont be tolerated as residents are photographing cars and emailing the community guards. you might make a few bob if you throw in a free car wash!

Advertisement