Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need 2 hand dryers fitted

Options
  • 20-06-2012 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I would pick up 2 hand dryers, such as an Eterna unit that you see in toilets. And I would need an electrician to fit them also (Shankill area).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,380 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Virtually all of those dryers have the local supplier's name on them, give a few of them a call and ask for a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jigital

No, but I do know most of them are absolute rubbish. You know them automatic ones that shut off a microsecond after your hands stray from the sensor and then refuses to come on again? Those ones. I would ask for a demonstration. Make sure that it blows hard and that the sensor is detecting wet hands where it should be, about half a foot under the dryer and out a bit. What's the point in even washing your hands if your hands have to be practically rubbing the wall in under it for the bloody thing to come on, and stay on?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,380 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

jigital wrote: »
    No, but I do know most of them are absolute rubbish. You know them automatic ones that shut off a microsecond after your hands stray from the sensor and then refuses to come on again?

I'm fairly certain that the cut-off timer is down to the owner's choice, it's not hard wired by the manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The Dyson Airblade ones you see in some places work really well, but the more traditional ones where you hold your hands underneath are pretty much universally rubbish.

Advertisement