Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning roscommon town

Options
  • 20-06-2012 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Got a tragus piercing done in <snip> in roscommon town as he had an offer on 20euro any piercing

Before I start this is not my first piercing as ive had many over the years done in many shops.

This place is a pure cowboy venture cheap and nasty bodybars, no paperwork to get a piercing, the wrong body bar for the piercing and less than 2wks later im taking the labret bar out of this shoddy tragus piercing and going to try and put a better bar in myself as im allergic to the cheap bar he put in that was far too short as well, im raging that despite seeing all the warning signs I still got it done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've removed the name of the studio for now. Have you any pics or anything to back this claim up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Ah tell us the name! Actually I Think there is only one place in Roscommon so never mind!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭primavera85

I've removed the name of the studio for now. Have you any pics or anything to back this claim up?
    I will take a pic, I also found out after getting the piercing done that a friend of mine (i thought she got her tattoo done there) got it done at a different tattoo parlour in roscommon town and that the place I went to has a terrible reputation.

I will put a pic up of the 1euro bar that is in my ear now until I can get a replacement bar tomorrow.

Its the kind of bar you would use in a labret piercing, is far too short to use in a tragus piercing and is rough to the touch made of very cheap metal.

Rasheed wrote: »
    Ah tell us the name! Actually I Think there is only one place in Roscommon so never mind!:)
    There are 2 places, one is reputable and only does tattoos, one is not reputable and does tattoos and piercings, the not reputable one has no proper signage and printer copy pictures of tattoos on the window and walls.

http://imgur.com/a/YOEb5
    The piercing is so tight its digging in at the back, there is no room for swelling either, the ball you see is plastic I will try and find a pic via google of the type of bar used.

Here is a very similar bar to what he put in my ear:
    http://bluecyborg.com/images/products/body-jewellery/bj-138.jpg

• Advertisement

There are 2 places, one is reputable and only does tattoos, one is not reputable and does tattoos and piercings, the not reputable one has no proper signage and printer copy pictures of tattoos on the window and walls.

Ah right, think I only know the bad one. Hard luck man, fair play for warning people.

Rasheed wrote: »

Ah right, think I only know the bad one. Hard luck man, fair play for warning people.
    I think the good one is called "rude boy" tattoo parlour.

Can I edit my post now to include the name of the dodgy backstreet tattoo parlour now mods???

Can I edit my post now to include the name of the dodgy backstreet tattoo parlour now mods???

Please please please????

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

No that could destroy someones livelyhood.
    To me it looks like the wrong length bar was used.Instead of giving out on an internet forum,go back to the shop and get them to sort it out.

Im sur if you ask nice they might fix it.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »

No that could destroy someones livelyhood.
    To me it looks like the wrong length bar was used.Instead of giving out on an internet forum,go back to the shop and get them to sort it out.

Im sur if you ask nice they might fix it.
    If you believe this is acceptable practice for a piercing/tattoo parlour I DARE YOU to get a piercing done there, hell I will even pay for it, the place is filthy, he didnt sterilize his equipment properly between clients, some of which "may" be under 16, they certainly looked it and he uses very cheap and nasty bodybars

if thats your attitude im going opening a piercing shop tomorrow, ive at least plenty of experience of getting piercings done by professional piercers which is bucket loads more experience than the donkey who stuck this yoke in my ear

If you believe this is acceptable practice for a piercing/tattoo parlour I DARE YOU to get a piercing done there, hell I will even pay for it, the place is filthy, he didnt sterilize his equipment properly between clients, some of which "may" be under 16, they certainly looked it and he uses very cheap and nasty bodybars

if thats your attitude im going opening a piercing shop tomorrow, ive at least plenty of experience of getting piercings done by professional piercers which is bucket loads more experience than the donkey who stuck this yoke in my ear

Seriously? You got a reply from one of the mods of the forum, so please drop the attitude.

the place is filthy - Then why did you go get pierced there?
    he didnt sterilize his equipment properly between clients - You know this how?
    he uses very cheap and nasty bodybars - Again, then why did you allow him to pierce you with them?

The pic that you've posted looks a bit like a labret or tongue bar, which are quite suitable for tragus piercing in general. Perhaps it is too small to accomodate for swelling, but that can't be judged from your picture.

Honestly, you claim to have been pierced before, and you do seem to know what is good practice. If the place is honestly as bad as you are describing, then why the hell did you get pierced there?

Seriously? You got a reply from one of the mods of the forum, so please drop the attitude.

he uses very cheap and nasty bodybars - Again, then why did you allow him to pierce you with them?

The pic that you've posted looks a bit like a labret or tongue bar, which are quite suitable for tragus piercing in general. Perhaps it is too small to accomodate for swelling, but that can't be judged frosm your picture.

Honestly, you claim to have been pierced before, and you do seem to know what is good practice. If the place is honestly as bad as you are describing, then why the hell did you get pierced there?

Claimed to have been piercings?
    I removed all my piercings when I was pregnant 5yrs ago, that time I had:
    3surface piercings on my arm, + 1 on each shoulder, 1 tragus, 2 nipple, bellybutton, 2earings in each ear as I had to keep it toned down for job.
    I missed my piercings so much ive spent last few months replacing them and getting a few more I never had chance to get when I was younger
    Now I also have a septum and am stretching my ears as well

Claimed to have been piercings?
    I removed all my piercings when I was pregnant 5yrs ago, that time I had:
    3surface piercings on my arm, + 1 on each shoulder, 1 tragus, 2 nipple, bellybutton, 2earings in each ear as I had to keep it toned down for job.
    I missed my piercings so much ive spent last few months replacing them and getting a few more I never had chance to get when I was younger
    Now I also have a septum and am stretching my ears as well

So you obviously have quite a bit of experience with piercers and getting pierced, so I'll reiterate my questions:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I have a tragus piercing and I have been swapping different labret bars in and out of it for 2 years now, they are totally fine for it!

Dunno about the rest of your claims but labret and tragus jewelry are the same. If you go to a online body jewelry seller you will see lots of parts of the body take the same jewelry.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Whos the bigger fool here??

You went into the place,the place was filthy,you didnt see him sterilise his instruments (usually done afterhours for what its worth) and he was piercing kids??

Yet you still got pierced there :rolleyes:

ive at least plenty of experience of getting piercings done by professional piercers which is bucket loads more experience than the donkey who stuck this yoke in my ear

If you had plenty of experience getting pierced by so called "professional piercers" then why did you let this so called "donkey" pierce you.

Anyone in their right mind would have turned around and walked out the door if the place was a filthy as you describe it.

Yet you still got pierced there.

Advertisement