Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Hijack History

Options
  • 20-06-2012 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Can anyone help me with this one? I heard a story about a few lads who were sympathetic to the Republication cause who after a few drinks decided to hijack a plane in Cork airport. This was in the 70's or thereabouts when Hijacking was all the rage. I can't find anything on the net about it, but they didn't manage to pull it off obviously. Can anyone enlighten me? I think the incident may have made the papers at the time.
    Vinestro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

It did happen, I knew one of the guys that tried it, or so I was told that it was him. you would never have guessed it from talking to him, he's passed away now.

I've often tried to find anything on the net about it, but haven't had any luck.

from the stories I've been told their main objective was to put a banner across the plane to protest against something or other.

I don't know much more than that I'm afraid!

Advertisement