Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing an installment order

Options
  • 19-06-2012 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Can anyone recommend a good solicitor (not afraid to contest financial institutions or related to any bank managers). (I live in Cavan but work in Dublin, Preferably north Dublin) that can give advice on appealing an installment order made on an unsecured personal loan? Statement of means was provided to the court in Cavan, but was not acknowledged by the judge. It was obvious my case had not been reviewed by him, as he gave the same installment order with the same monthly repayment amount to all cases similar to mine regardless of the circumstances or personal situation and amount owed. It was like a roll call in a class room, name called, judgment made, the papers stamped and onto the next case. My situation does not at all possible allow me to make the repayments on the installment order. My next step is a solicitor. Anyone with the same experience, or going through the same would greatly help. Thanks in advance for, if any, responses. I will keep all posted on my progress going forward.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

You will need a solicitor who practises on the circuit in which your case will be heard. Cavan is in the Northern Circuit and it would be very expensive to get a Dublin based solicitor involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭dazza21ie

It is possible to apply to the District Court again to seek to have the installment order varied. Most district court offices would assist with the application or you could check if legal aid is available. I know it is in cases of enforcement of installments orders (committal proceedings) if you qualify for it.

Advertisement