Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Things That Never Make Sense About Zombie Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

There are lots of replies posted on the link you posted which I think pretty much covers all answers. These questions and the replies make good reading, thanks!
    I thought the following was one of the best replies.

#6: Why Don’t Zombie’s Ever Finish a Meal?
    Zombies are only interested in eating live meat. Once the victim dies, the zombie moves on. This is an important part of the virus because it allows the virus to propagate. Zombies are not actually hungry (how could they be?), but instead they suffer from a curse or disease that compels them to consume still-living flesh. This is because the disease is transferred via bodily fluids, and a bite is one of the easiest ways to accomplish this. When a zombie is attacking a person, it is not trying to eat that person, it is trying to spread the disease. Once the victim dies, the zombie moves on to a new target while the victim transforms. If zombies finished their meals, then the disease/curse could never spread.

#5: Why Are They Chasing The Most Dangerous Game?
    Again, zombie’s aren’t hungry (not in a real, mortal sense, anyway), they are compelled to spread their disease. In most fictions, this disease only affects humans, which is why zombies exclusively hunt humans.

#4: How Do They Know Anything?
    What you really meant to ask here was, “how do zombies track their prey?” In most fictions, zombies have a strange sixth-sense that allows them to guess at the general location of living creatures. In the Walking Dead series, it is explained that zombies will follow anything that might be prey, and will also follow each other: thus, one zombie may hear a trashcan falling over and walk towards it, and a few more zombies will follow the first, thinking it has found something, and a few more zombies will follow that one, etc, until you get a giant, roaming hoard that is not going anywhere in particular (as the first zombie has likely forgotten what it was following in the first place).

As for the question of “how do they know anything?” Remember that zombies are still using their brains (in fact, this is the one organ that a zombie does need). Even though those brains are decaying, they still contain neural pathways that a zombie can access subconsciously. Thus, if a zombie had a favorite activity or location in life, it may still attempt to carry out that activity or visit that location in death. Of course, you are right that zombies are decaying, and this will eventually destroy them, but that takes a while.

#3: Where Does The Food Go?
    Do I really need to answer this one? The food goes into the stomach (or whatever is left of the stomach), where it festers. The resulting sludge and gas will bloat the zombie and leak out of its wounds and orifices.

#2: Can You Really Cure That?
    No.

#1: Then What?
    Provided the military does not destroy the creatures, they will roam around until they rot and
    fall apart.

I hope this helped answer your questions, and I would now like to ask one of my own. How does the zombie plague always spiral out of control? Not only do zombie outbreaks seem to spread with extraordinary speed, but they almost always seem to overwhelm trained military personnel. What I mean to say is that soldiers are trained to kill other soldiers, so they should be able to handle the walking dead. Also, how does it spread so quickly without anyone containing it? It seems like in most stories, an outbreak becomes an apocalypse-level event seemingly overnight. I do not understand how that works, and would be interested to hear some theories.

Read more: 6 Things That Never Make Sense About Zombie Movies | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-things-that-never-make-sense-about-zombie-movies_p2/#ixzz1yH3STBMc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

We prob taste rotten

#5: Why Are They Chasing The Most Dangerous Game?
    Im sure they have no sense of danger!

#4: How Do They Know Anything?
    I dont think they know much at all, it doesnt take a genius to figure their own cognitive functions!

They most likely have no control over their bowels and just poop themselves

#2: Can You Really Cure That?
    Cure for death? Thinks its my local pharmacy prescription only though!

#1: Then What?
    We dont have to worry about it we will all be dead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Daisy M wrote: »
    There are lots of replies posted on the link you posted which I think pretty much covers all answers. These questions and the replies make good reading, thanks!
    I thought the following was one of the best replies.

Zombies are only interested in eating live meat. Once the victim dies, the zombie moves on. This is an important part of the virus because it allows the virus to propagate. Zombies are not actually hungry (how could they be?), but instead they suffer from a curse or disease that compels them to consume still-living flesh. This is because the disease is transferred via bodily fluids, and a bite is one of the easiest ways to accomplish this. When a zombie is attacking a person, it is not trying to eat that person, it is trying to spread the disease. Once the victim dies, the zombie moves on to a new target while the victim transforms. If zombies finished their meals, then the disease/curse could never spread.

But some films show the zombie feasting on the dead corpse. They continue eating even when the victim is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

great post daisy...and to the guy, ian fortey, with the 6 things, a simple search on the web would have answered them..to be fair he has a good style of humour, even when he is wrong.

i think the most intriguing question is question 1. will the world fill with zombies. the answer is yes....but here is the kicker...is that any different to us? in fact the original dawn of the dead raised this topic. zombies remembering the mall, returned to it, walking around looking. is there any difference to what a lot of people do now. the zombies at least have an excuse...its the living behaving like the dead, thats the real problem.

he describes zombies loitering in the breeze, almost like people on a sunny day, again any difference?

mr fortey describes how he would like to eat crackers any mayo as a zombie. he does not understand that mankind does the same thing as a zombie. the urge to reproduce is not just sexual desire, thats the part to encourage you, the real reason is the propagation of the species. zombies are no different. the virus wants to spread, it doesnt understand that by killing all of mankind its creates the situation for its own extinction. i would guess anyone who believes the global warming hoax, er i mean, scam, sorry again, i mean global warming proof, could argue we are doing exactly the same thing....causing our own extinction by mindlessly destroying the environment that sustains us.

i think daisy has answered it all, IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

great post daisy...

Am thanks but I cant take credit :o. They were somones elses answers that I copied from the link to show op they had already been answered quiet well. Click on the link and you will see some more really good answers.

My apologies to anyone who thought I came up with all those answers, I should have been clearer!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Gandalph wrote: »
    They most likely have no control over their bowels and just poop themselves
    They won't even get to the pooping stage. You don't have control over the movement of your bowels so that system will more than likely be shut down. That would mean the food would make it to the stomach and build up there eventually bursting through the stomach and eventually finding it's way out of the body.

Really what cracked is pointing out is the laziness of zombie film writers, they don't put enough thought into the horror and only want to redo what the last successful zombie based horror did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

A good link mate,thank you!!!

If you think about it: NO MOVIE REALLY MAKES SENSE DOES IT??

Thanx for the page :)

Advertisement