Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning after deferring for a year

Options
  • 19-06-2012 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey,
    Has anyone returned to Maynooth after deferring for a year? If so how did you find settling back in / coursework after a year out etc?

I deferred my second year last year and will be returning in Sept - I'm a mature student and just worried about trying to settle back again with a whole new gang of people who have already been with each other for a year!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Gott

I repeated in UCD so it's a somewhat similar situation ...

The only advice I can offer you is go in, interact with them, hope you find people that you like, and keep working. Again a lot has to do with what societies you were in, and I'm sure some of your mates from your previous year will still be in Maynooth, but keep a positive attitude, get involved, and you'll be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

moodswing wrote: »
    Hey,
    Has anyone returned to Maynooth after deferring for a year? If so how did you find settling back in / coursework after a year out etc?

I deferred my second year last year and will be returning in Sept - I'm a mature student and just worried about trying to settle back again with a whole new gang of people who have already been with each other for a year!

Attend the induction sessions, that's what they're designed for.

Best of Luck.

F

Advertisement