Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CX-01 Mini Android PC Android TV Box ~(Similar to Petite PC) €42 Delivered.

Options
  • 19-06-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

I'd say this will probably sell out as quick as the MK802,

It has a Telechips TCC8923; Cortex A5, 1GHz instead of the Allwinner A10/ 1GHz Cortex-A8
    inside the MK802, But which is apparently equally good.
    The package includes one USB Cable, so it does not need a power supply and you are expected to power it with your own or with the TV USB port.
    sku35084_10.jpg

Specs:

XnkVl.jpg

Pandawill Link

Also Available on AliExpress

Found an Article about it HERE
    The $74 Android PC now has a newer version, called CX-01, that goes only for $53, and it’s actually still about as fast as the original, thanks to the switch to the more modern and more efficient Cortex A5 processor. The old one was using a Cortex A8, which was a larger chip, more expensive, and less efficient. Cortex A8 was made a long time ago for high-end devices (at the time), while Cortex A5 is meant for low-end devices, but since it’s a newer design, it still gets to keep the same performance.

EDIT:
    It doesn't have a micro SD card slot, which may be why it is called cloud stick.. So you can't add storage to it that way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Thanks for the info. Having a but of bother getting the mk802 ...might switch to this if it all goes pearshaped

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

excuse my ignorance but what do you do with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Wonder could you load XBMC on this instead of android?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Maybe if you had it on a bootable Linux on a usb key? Would that work?

I would be interested to know myself, just for comparison as I have an Mk802 on the way anyway, you can boot ubuntu from an SD card on that, I would assume this is similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

TheDriver wrote: »
    excuse my ignorance but what do you do with this?

You can turn your TV into a "Smart TV" or similar looking to a Tablet, and control it with a Smartphone or USB keyboard+Mouse.

Developing XBMC for Android
    Fieldog wrote: »
    Maybe if you had it on a bootable Linux on a usb key? Would that work?

I would be interested to know myself, just for comparison as I have an Mk802 on the way anyway, you can boot ubuntu from an SD card on that, I would assume this is similar?

It may be possible - LINK
    On the other hand, the CX-01 doesn’t have a microSD card slot. That means you’re stuck with 4GB of storage unless you plug in a USB flash drive or other storage device. It also means you won’t be able to boot the device from a microSD card slot — something that currently lets you run Ubuntu, Puppy Linux, or other operating systems on the MK802.
    While ARM Cortex-A5 chips aren’t all the common, CNX-Software and IT Portal note that they may actually be faster than Cortex-A8 chips in at least some cases.
    But the Telechips TCC8923 processor isn’t nearly as common as the Allwinner A10 CPU found in the MK802, which means that there’s currently more of an independent developer community for products like the MK802.
    Still, if you’re looking for a cheap device that will let you run Android on your TV for web surfing and smashing a few angry avians against inexplicably green pigs, the $53 CX-01 looks like an interesting option.

• Advertisement
Advertisement