Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C.W.O and First Deposit

Options
  • 19-06-2012 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I was told I can claim Rent Allowance up to a max of €475 per month. I have found a place but I have to pay a deposit and a months rent in advance to the landlord which is something Im really struggling to get.

What I want to know is, will my C.W.O. pay the deposit as this is my first rented place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

in very exceptional circumstances I believe people have gotten some of their deposit paid, but you'd need a very accommodating CWO and tbh I dont genuinely think you will get your deposit paid. Someone else my be might able to tell you what might be classed as exceptional circumstances. I know how you feel with regards to the struggle it can be to find a months rent and a deposit up front if you are only getting €188 a week. Thankfully in the place I am in now, my LL kindly let me pay half the deposit up front and the rest in 4 instalments each time the rent is due. Would that be a possibility for you with your LL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

the exceptional circumstances are really what the cwo sees as exceptional they are not written down anywhere, go have a chat with your cwo and see what they say

also your rent allowance is paid in arrears you are aware of that?? and no exceptional circumstances will change that

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Slip

Cheers, I see what yous are saying. How long does it take for the first payment to be made?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

once you have moved in a sent in the forms etc, I know in my area, the following week the CWO calls out......they dont let you know when that is either. The payments started to my LL the following week.

Advertisement