Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writer's Idol Competition

Options
  • 19-06-2012 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I saw Kate Thompson on TV3 this morning telling everone about the writing competition at the West Cork Literary Festival in July. She was lovely and explained it very well and was very encouraging. She will be reading out single pages of novels submitted; that is, writers woulfd submit one page only and if it gets through the initial stage, it will be read out before a panel of judges. Hopefully the winner will get a book deal etc. I had a question and I called the festival office and was surprised to be met with such a negative response when I went to ask a qustion. The girl was only interested in selling tickets to the event and when I told her that I wan't sure if I could attend or not, she told me there would be no point in entering. So, now I have two questions if there is anybody out there who knows the answers. Firstly, is it necessary to only send the first page of your novel, or can any random page be sent? And secondly, is it necessary to attend the fesival itself in order to enter. The tickets are 18 euro each by the way if anyone is interested. Thanks, C.

Advertisement