Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Classic Insurance renewal

Options
  • 19-06-2012 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

renewed my Classic policy today, I got a cracking price and Im well chuffed. Thanks to Myles O Reilly and the AXA staff in Mallow.

Pays to be an Old Gezza sometimes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

have mine with AXA also for the last few years !

Myles is sound ,pure gentleman !

when you read the small print on what your actualy covered for with AXA ...
    and put it against the others ,, their hard to beat !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Manta Mad ovci

Have been with AXA for the last 19 years myself for the last 14/15 years i have 3 policys.
    A Private car policy.
    A commercial vehicle policy.
    And i added a business vehicle and policy 11 years ago.
    And this does not include herselfs car but she is covered on all mine as i am on hers.

In all this time i have only claimed for 1 windscreen on the business vehicle and that about 6/7 years ago.
    I have no points now or in the past no convictions now or in the past thank god.

I tryed AXA a few years ago for classic car insur nearly fell off my chair with price i got so went eles where.
    I was very sirprised as i was more than happy with the business i was doing with AXA till then.
    I meet Myles O Reilly at a show 3 years ago in a display stand told him my story and he said to contact him next time i was due.
    I tryed a few time no reply back so left it.
    And again this year same story left messages and no reply back.

I had heard of a crowd in the north Autoline insurance Group rang them with my details and have to say Top people to deal with.
    Got a 3,000 miles limted milage policy i will not use it all full comp windscreen the lot for 1/3 of what AxA wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

No problems insuring a southern car (and address presumably) Manta ?

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

Have been with AXA for the last 19 years myself for the last 14/15 years i have 3 policys.
    A Private car policy.
    A commercial vehicle policy.
    And i added a business vehicle and policy 11 years ago.
    And this does not include herselfs car but she is covered on all mine as i am on hers.

In all this time i have only claimed for 1 windscreen on the business vehicle and that about 6/7 years ago.
    I have no points now or in the past no convictions now or in the past thank god.

I tryed AXA a few years ago for classic car insur nearly fell off my chair with price i got so went eles where.
    I was very sirprised as i was more than happy with the business i was doing with AXA till then.
    I meet Myles O Reilly at a show 3 years ago in a display stand told him my story and he said to contact him next time i was due.
    I tryed a few time no reply back so left it.
    And again this year same story left messages and no reply back.

I had heard of a crowd in the north Autoline insurance Group rang them with my details and have to say Top people to deal with.
    Got a 3,000 miles limted milage policy i will not use it all full comp windscreen the lot for 1/3 of what AxA wanted.

I must say I am quite surprised to read this, as for the past 15 years I have been with AXA, also home, and everyday cars and classic policy x 3. Myles has always been first class in service... are you sure you have his right number or email!! I often find cheaper insurance isn't cheaper in the long run, a lot of benefits that AXA have in their policy are not in the others classic policy. Make sure to read the small print and compare like with like..

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    No problems insuring a southern car (and address presumably) Manta ?

No problems at all i gave them all my info to the Letter.
    No i did not put the Manta on the road this year put a younger Opel this year,they do a limited mileage policy and mine just 3,000 miles not KM.
    I know a lad with 2 cars paying the same money as myself but his are classics, and it was only 9euros extra for the second car.
    I also know a friend with 3 cars with them cannot remember what he paid but remember him telling me at the time he was more than happy with them.

They ask a loud of questions alright and are stricted about the car been stored at my house and garaged.
    Price was in Euros,full comp,windscreen the lot.
    They are brookers for Allianz but that does not bother me.

• Advertisement

okistag wrote: »
    I must say I am quite surprised to read this, as for the past 15 years I have been with AXA, also home, and everyday cars and classic policy x 3. Myles has always been first class in service... are you sure you have his right number or email!! I often find cheaper insurance isn't cheaper in the long run, a lot of benefits that AXA have in their policy are not in the others classic policy. Make sure to read the small print and compare like with like..

I know what your saying about cheaper insurance and i thought long and hard about it and asked alot of questions myself,but was happy with all replys.
    I was very surprised more didgusted with AxA with what they quoted me as i could not find fault with them before.
    We do not have home insurance with AxA, herself did not want to put all our eggs in the 1 basket.

I have nothing against the man he wrote down his number on an AxA flyer the day i meet him and under lined the office number,i rang both numbers a few times and left messages,he was always out of the office.
    I cannot remember if i e-mailed him or not at the time.
    Nothing back so i went elsewhere i also got a cheaper quote off Camppion/Sparrow i thing they were called.
    But they were only 3rd praty.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Corktina... good to here ya sorted again this year..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement