Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney's Maleficent

Options
  • 19-06-2012 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭

first-official-image-of-angelina-jolie-as-maleficent-revealed-105870-00-1000-100.jpg
    First official image of Angelina Jolie as Maleficent!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1587310/
    The "Sleeping Beauty" tale is told from the perspective of the princess' evil nemesis, Maleficent.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Looks the part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Posted on another forum:
    hunnipot85 wrote: »
    Some set photos, the outfit is one of many apparently. Also Jolie DOES have prosthetics on her cheeks.

0036tbrt
    0036w36d
    003728ag
    00370f93

And more stunt work.
    hunnipot85 wrote: »
    Angie performing some stunts...

u8yv7.jpg
    20qhmqh.jpg
    30mlu7k.jpg
    24cgtic.jpg
    Maleficent%20Set%20Photo%20Angelina%20Jolie_01.jpg
    Maleficent%20Set%20Photo%20Angelina%20Jolie_03.jpg
    Maleficent%20Set%20Photo%20Angelina%20Jolie_05.jpg
    Maleficent%20Set%20Photo%20Angelina%20Jolie_06.jpg

First movie poster.
    5140750A-4F2D-4FCC-8FDA-0B268C2A1942-953-0000019D85E10244.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

still would...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Very boring and overrated actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

but you would though?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    first-official-image-of-angelina-jolie-as-maleficent-revealed-105870-00-1000-100.jpg
    First official image of Angelina Jolie as Maleficent!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1587310/

Out of curiosity bullseye1 are you the same bullseye from statueforum? :)

Haha I am indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Haha I am indeed.

no wonder saw the guardians of the galaxy and this thread (angelina joile of course) and I thought "must be the same bullseye" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I see Sharlto Copley is playing the King Stefan interesting choice opposite Jolie

1453529_10151957180497708_220776107_n_zps22650646.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Now, that's how a trailer/teaser should be done. Brilliant

Anyone here play Kingdom Hearts as a kid/adult?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

I'm still kind of scared of her (Maleficent, not Angelina Jolie) from watching that film as a kid, best Disney villain ever! Must borrow a child to drag along to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

I'm still kind of scared of her (Maleficent, not Angelina Jolie) from watching that film as a kid, best Disney villain ever! Must borrow a child to drag along to it

They will let you in in without ID and parental supervision i'm sure, it might look like scary and a R, but it won't be. :p

Hell imagine if this was an R

Man, Elle Fanning's "oh ****" face when she steps out from the overgrowth is epic

The dark style of the trailer is making me wonder how they'll market Star Wars in 2015/2016

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

looks good.

i'll check it out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

I like this new disney direction. Almost all the Disney classics could be retold in film form from the bad guy's POV.

I read recently that a couple of years ago they were planning a cinematic sequel to Snow White & everyone was terrified about going near it because it's known as "The one that started it all". So they went through loads of different pitches & script treatments & none of them were right so it kept being put away until one of the junior animators pitched them a prequel told from the seven dwarves POV & it would feature Narcissus & her father & how the dwarves were responsible for the father ending up in the mirror & this was why Narcissus was so frightened and wary of them.

Everyone loved it & it was going to be a three act animated movie starting off quite light & disney-esque & then get very dark. Script was written & funding put in place & everything was going great until the merchandising department started to get involved & wanted Dopey to talk so they could sell toys.

The writer or director said "but he doesn't talk in Snow White, why would he talk before it?" & they said "maybe he experienced a traumatic episode & that's why he doesn't talk, maybe he saw his mother killed by Narcissus"...

So the writer & director walked & out never got made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Her voice seems a little weak at the start of that. I expected a little bass enhancement & everything to be in that little sing-song warble she has going on toward the end.

Still, looks great & it's something Disney should explore for all their properties - a live action movie from the villain's pov, little darker & more adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Saw a trailer for this and hats off, it looks brilliant. Cool song, cool effects and Jolie looking hot. Now lets hope the film matches up.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Saw this earlier in IMAX, was ok, nothing amazing, Jolie is great in it though. Some nice visuals, some dodgy cgi but it's a somewhat interesting take on a classic tale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

It was on in IMAX cineworld?!

Saw this today in 3d, really really loved it, great visuals, really nice story, and a real movie youd watch around xmas time imho, loved the whole background of her etc, very well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

caught this last week and have to say didnt think much of it.

it just lacked "umph" for me.

i cant fault the visuals, itll keep the little ones transfixed , and the battles are actually quite brutal for a kids film. jolie IS fantastic in this, the things she can impart with just a glance is impressive and you really do buy her bonding with aurora. but even the "kiddie" versions of the characters is done well so its not an acting thing

it just lacked something IMO.

That said i did see it in 2D so maybe the lack of the 3D was a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    It was on in IMAX cineworld?!

Saw this today in 3d, really really loved it, great visuals, really nice story, and a real movie youd watch around xmas time imho, loved the whole background of her etc, very well done :)

IMAX in Toronto, don't live in Ireland anymore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

This is alright, thats about it. What the hell were they doing with the story?? Ridiculous imo and really let the film down. Maleficent is nowhere near as menacing as in the trailer and the film is nowhere near as good looking as it is in the trailer. Top marks for the trailer but very average job with the film. The fairies are just annoying but Jolie does steal the show. Still cant get over the storyline - wtf?? This has set a horrible precedent for all of Disney

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Watched this last night.

It's a bit all over the shop. Jolie is excellent - looks the part, sounds the part. you'd just wish there was a better movie around her. I hate the look of the movie, the artificiality of it, it's very Oz the Great and Powerful/Burton's Alice, and that's not good.

Elle Fanning was poor Sharlto Copley looked like he was having a blast but his scottish accent was worse that Mike Myers' Fat Bastard, and the three fairies were just irritating.

It's a pretty charmless hour and a half, truth be told. Shame.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,670 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

What a mess. I love the concept, borrowed from Wicked, of making a traditionally villainous female character sympathetic. There’s lots of other good ideas in the film, but the script fails to develop any of them. The subversiveness of Wicked and to a lesser extent Frozen, which were both about women breaking free from society’s expectations of them, feel unexplored here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement