Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel - macros

Options
  • 19-06-2012 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Hi there,

Hope this is in right forum.

I've a problem with macros on excel that i was hoping someone might be able to help me with, i'm good enough on excel but fairly new to macro.

Basically every day i want to insert a new column to existing range. Say on the 20/06/12 the column would be D. I start recording, i then go to row 8 (as this is in the middle of range) press end and left arrow. This brings me to column C whereby i then insert column and then save macro.

Come the 20/06/12 then it will work as its adding column at C but thereafter its not working as it keeps adding the columns at C whereas i need to go E/F/G and so on.

I thought i would be over the problem as I did not select column C itself while recording, i selected the rightmost column in the range (of course this happens to be C!)

Has anyone any ideas? how to continually select the rightmost column in the range?

Thanks in advance

Trg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

I don't follow what you are trying to do.

Is the range you are trying to expand within the spreadsheet? That is there are columns before the range and after the range which are in use.

Are you wanting the macro to add data into the column?

What you seem to want to do is add an empty column to the end of your spread sheet which is there already.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭trg

Actually yeah you're right, the problem is that i'm not adding column to the rightmost. I'm adding to to the second last column. Sorry i thought that my description would make it easier but i see now that no manipulation at all is needed for what i described!

Anyway, you are correct there are columns before the range and after the range which are in use. There is only one column after the range in use (it sums the difference between the columns to its immediate left - that is cell E9 is (D9-C9) - the next day it should be cell FB is (E9-D9)

Is this any help?

Thanks

Advertisement